U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 11:41 AM

239 posts, read 154,775 times

Advertisements

You have seven days.
What are you going to do with them?
I challenge everyone who is retired to try something new this week.
In seven days--next Wednesday--we will report back to tell each other what is was we did.
JUST DO IT....

ideas: go for a walk, ride your bike, go to the library, a museum, try pickleball, go fishing, wash the car, clean out that closet, read that book you have always wanted to, start those seedlings for the garden, sign up for a course, go to D.C. and look at the Cherry Blossoms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 11:54 AM

3,703 posts, read 1,883,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsilk View Post
You have seven days.
What are you going to do with them?
I challenge everyone who is retired to try something new this week.
In seven days--next Wednesday--we will report back to tell each other what is was we did.
JUST DO IT....

ideas: go for a walk, ride your bike, go to the library, a museum, try pickleball, go fishing, wash the car, clean out that closet, read that book you have always wanted to, start those seedlings for the garden, sign up for a course, go to D.C. and look at the Cherry Blossoms
I prefer to be regimented. Work, walk, dinner, tv, sleep.

repeat.

For 202 more work days.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:03 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,697 posts, read 40,084,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsilk View Post
You have seven days.
What are you going to do with them? ...go to D.C. and look at the Cherry Blossoms
That trip is booked for 4th of April, might miss it... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.42a18b868425
4 more trips planned before that, Last week was Asia, last weekend SF. This week... feeding the woodstove and freezing!

How about "Finish your taxes"
Not EZ... 47 pages, lots of scenarios to test. Won't be done in next 7 days.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:03 PM

4,494 posts, read 4,759,071 times

Old 03-08-2017, 07:34 PM

13,391 posts, read 6,397,928 times
I've booked to go on my Spring break to a Natnal park for a week. Got to use our free pass.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,060,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
That trip is booked for 4th of April, might miss it... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.42a18b868425
4 more trips planned before that, Last week was Asia, last weekend SF. This week... feeding the woodstove and freezing!

How about "Finish your taxes"
Not EZ... 47 pages, lots of scenarios to test. Won't be done in next 7 days.
Stealth Rabbit, you make me dizzy! Where does all that energy and go get 'em come from? You make me feel elderly!----Oh, I am! Kinda. Don't tell anybody.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:25 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,518,363 times
All in a week only? Ain't gonna happen here.
So I guess I'm not ''up for the challenge''.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:27 PM

14,018 posts, read 17,775,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
All in a week only? Ain't gonna happen here.
So I guess I'm not ''up for the challenge''.
My understanding of the original post is not the same as yours. Aren't we being challenged to do one new thing during the coming week? I interpreted the list to be simply ideas from which we can pick our one new thing, or ideas which might cause us to think of sometthing else.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 PM

890 posts, read 680,051 times
Well I'm still in the rat race but am nonetheless open for a new and challenging challenge so count me in.

I'm going to try something new and go to bed 10 minutes earlier than normal. Wish me the best.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,697 posts, read 40,084,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
... You make me feel elderly!----Oh, I am! Kinda. Don't tell anybody.
MollyB... you R our hero, and hero to many ! Thanks for your contributions to others, and BEST wishes on the happiness of seeking your dreams! (however / whenever they come)
http://www.city-data.com/forum/47447504-post4.html

We all are on this 'journey'...and...

We are ALL elderly! headed down the slippery slope. (Hang on!)

As a farm / ranch kid... I'm not conditioned for 'burning daylight'.
I get / need very little sleep +/- (and why I enjoyed working 30+ yrs of night shift)

We are all on 'borrowed time', so just do what makes sense for you. We are all different (thank goodness)

I spent 30+ yrs doing eldercare and homeschooling, so I need to make up for lost time.
Thus the current pace... (temporary at best, especially if I don't stay off my ex-racing motorcycles)

We have a companion Fare for the remained of 2017, (one flies for free). Flights, travel, USD.... all the stars are currently aligned. (grateful for that, and trying to be a good steward of time, talent, wealth)

Are you up for the challenge?
Significant changes are around the corner (extensive spousal care / no HC) We are enjoying our 'borrowed time' while it lasts. Very blessed. (As we all are).

Glad I do not know what tomorrow will bring, today has enough strife to suffice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or