U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 02:33 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,119,535 times

Advertisements

[quote=FeelinLow;47640768]FWB? Milk with no buying of the cow as they say. You men and your ''needs'' baffle me. Can't imagine that. There's a reason nature gave us hands and long enough arms. Scratch your own itch. That's all I have to say about that! LOL
As for unconditional love? I will always have dogs willing to give and receive real love 24/7 once my Honey goes.
Not judgin', just sayin

Having someone scratch your itch, is a lot better then scratching it yourself. Lots of women have FWB also, it's mutually beneficial. Women have needs just like men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 03:35 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,506,948 times
I bet if we took a poll among senior women you'd be in the minority here.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:45 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,446,805 times
Wanting a friend with benefits is quite different from actually being able to find a friend with benefits - in the case of women having a FWB.

And there is the question of standards i.e. qualifications of men that would be acceptable to be a friend with benefits to a woman.

And due to societal expectations and realities and population numbers of men and women, men can also take up with women who are up to 20 years or more younger than they are.

Last edited by matisse12; 03-26-2017 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-26-2017, 05:07 PM

175 posts, read 124,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
My wife died 11/15 and I have lived alone since and I intend to keep it that way. I keep busy. I play golf 2-3 times a week. I usually leave the house everyday to run errands. I talk to 2-3 people per night (family and friends). Non-golf days I typically go out for a late breakfast (about noon) thus I am not hungry until that evening. I do cook for myself but I keep it very simple (steak, baked potato like simple) and I also do take out several nights per week as in Chinese last night. I found a local restaurant that sells a wide variety of frozen casseroles (single and family size) so I keep few of those in the freezer at all times.

I have an arrangement with a young, single mother (FWB) that takes care of my sexual desires. We see each other about 3-4 times per month. She often spends a night a month at my place.

I most certainly miss my wife. I dream and think about her quite often. That said, I would never remarry and I do not even want a full time lady friend. The only thing I could see myself doing different would be having a lady friend but we would each have our own life and homes. Maybe spend a night or so week at each others place and share trips together but not in each others face all the time. I am not looking for such but if it comes my way, fine. If it does not come my way, fine.
Oh my. I have a terrible feeling this young, single mother is hoping for "more", that she doesn't see her time with you as an "arrangement" for just sex, or just FWB. That kind of relationship usually benefits the man.

It's highly unusual for women, especially a young mother, to seek out "just for sex" friendships with a much older man. Let's be honest here and no offense--but, if she wanted "just sex" she'd pick some young stallion. So, let's hope you are being honest with her about your true intentions.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:19 PM

[quote=FeelinLow;47641862]I bet if we took a poll among senior women you'd be in the minority here.[/QUOT

So old fashioned to think that women don't have sexual desires and needs just like men do.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Wanting a friend with benefits is quite different from actually being able to find a friend with benefits - in the case of women having a FWB.

And there is the question of standards i.e. qualifications of men that would be acceptable to be a friend with benefits to a woman.

And due to societal expectations and realities and population numbers of men and women, men can also take up with women who are up to 20 years younger.
If I was looking for a FWB the qualifications would be disease free, well groomed and respectful. Oh and of course enjoy sex.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:25 PM

5,424 posts, read 2,822,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crillon View Post
Oh my. I have a terrible feeling this young, single mother is hoping for "more", that she doesn't see her time with you as an "arrangement" for just sex, or just FWB. That kind of relationship usually benefits the man.

It's highly unusual for women, especially a young mother, to seek out "just for sex" friendships with a much older man. Let's be honest here and no offense--but, if she wanted "just sex" she'd pick some young stallion. So, let's hope you are being honest with her about your true intentions.
My thoughts also. Two adults in a mutually-understood "arrangement" is their business. One of them thinking it is more permanent or far-reaching a relationship while the other does not is asking for trouble. Especially with children involved.

Then again, the young woman may view it is as discreet prostitution to survive and have no problem accepting its limitations. As I said, as long as both parties see eye to eye on it...

Old 03-26-2017, 05:32 PM

7,979 posts, read 11,657,672 times
If you are aware of how useless some of this information is why post it all? Then ask my why I'm not trying to validate links like "How Stuff Works" as a scientific study? That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:41 PM

175 posts, read 124,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
My thoughts also. Two adults in a mutually-understood "arrangement" is their business. One of them thinking it is more permanent or far-reaching a relationship while the other does not is asking for trouble. Especially with children involved.

Then again, the young woman may view it is as discreet prostitution to survive and have no problem accepting its limitations. As I said, as long as both parties see eye to eye on it...
Agree totally. The "young, single mother" part of this is what got my attention. I think it's possible that she could, as you say, be viewing it as a "discreet prostitution to survive" but if the only real exchange here is sex, I think for sure this older man is getting the better end of the deal. I don't think that helps her survive emotionally or financially. And, I'm betting a lot of women in this young woman's position are hoping to find long-term security in a committed relationship. Sex is usually not high on their list of priorities

And, surely, if both parties agree that's swell. But, I'm betting this "arrangement" is not being spelled out.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:44 PM

56,034 posts, read 54,537,410 times
[quote=ccc123;47642827]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I bet if we took a poll among senior women you'd be in the minority here.[/QUOT

So old fashioned to think that women don't have sexual desires and needs just like men do.
I read this great article a few years ago in which a 67-year-old widow said she recently remarried. Her adult kids were happy for her because now she had "companionship" and someone "to have dinner and travel with". She said she didn't have the heart to tell her children that she was most excited about having regular sex again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or