Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 08:33 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryinva View Post
This is so, so, typical for so many on this forum. Straight out information that MAY be useful to someone, and Nothing but negative or off course comments. It is true what they say about old people; they love to complain, argue, and contradict, just to hear or see themselves talk. I guess it validates that they are still alive.

And predictably, not one comment from the more typical positive and helpful forum members, that only post to be helpful, who read this and wonder why the comments were even made.

No one asked anyones opinions about reliability of Minis, small cars, hybrid cars, ones negotiating abilities, or the only dealership in your town.

But thanks for bringing the post to the top so that maybe someone that could use it, will see it and use it.

Or feel free to start a thread about your opinion of the above, and garner a discussion that is on topic.
I m around old people and notice they often look at things negatively. I attribute it to them living in the Depression Era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 02:55 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Would not drive a Mini, nor ever join AARP.

Not my kind of car, no way my kind of organization.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 AM

2,782 posts, read 2,081,897 times
Hmmm, don't think there are too many depression era seniors active on this forum. I LIKE to think I only post if I am contributing something, anything. I just don't see the point of expressing something like "I don't like the color blue, it's not my kind of color", when it adds nothing to the discussion. Yet this forum is full of it.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:32 AM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryinva View Post
Hmmm, don't think there are too many depression era seniors active on this forum.
Hmm, my mother [b.1923] was 6 when the market crashed, my father was 2 years older. They would be among the youngest people to have lived through the Great Depression. They have both passed on, but if they were alive today, they would be 94 and 96 this year.

So I would tend to agree with you, that there would be very few who are still able to be active on internet forums.

Quote:
... I LIKE to think I only post if I am contributing something, anything. I just don't see the point of expressing something like "I don't like the color blue, it's not my kind of color", when it adds nothing to the discussion. Yet this forum is full of it.
I agree.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:20 PM

348 posts, read 255,982 times
I had a 2009 Mini and kept it until 2015 when I bought a SUV. It was time to get a grown up car since all the baby boomers had an SUV. I hated driving the SUV after tooling around in the Mini. The Mini was comfortable even while driving long distances. DH is 6'4" and said the Cooper had more headroom than our older Camry.

I sold the SUV last year and bought another Mini. The newer Mini's do not require premium gas.

To each their own. Enjoy life while you can.

Sooo, my retirement car is a MINI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement