U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:02 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,514,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
I'm looking forward just to experience how some days seem to go slower than others. I understand thou exactly what your saying, when your looking so forward to an event it takes forever unless you have to prepare something and then it fly's by. Good Luck to you in your retirement do enjoy it to the very end, I plan too.

Good luck to you, too, Tressa! Yayyyy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 01:54 PM

1,195 posts, read 4,995,318 times
Thanks for your well wishes, my husband and I are very excited about the new adventure in our lives. Getting our paycheck mailed home and not having to report to work, now that is worth dreaming about.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:44 AM

82 posts, read 244,995 times
321 days to go. I am looking forward to having more time to do what I like to do. but wondering how will I afford it. My main concern is that I am older than my husband by nine years and I have him on my health insurance. When I finally get to 65, how will we afford the insurance.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:20 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,525,807 times
Wondering if you all feel when you are as close as I am that it seems to be taking forever the closer you get?

Yes, lillietta. It does seem that the closer you are, the longer it takes. It's like waiting for that clock in the classroom to turn to 3:00 . Or for Christmas when you were six years old. But, it will come.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM

Right seems that it's slowing down now, I think it's cause wer are getting bored with what we have going on and waiting for the new adventure. Still packing up items around the house for the move still working on down sizing. the thing that irritates me is the pace that folks take when asking for a quote to move household goods.

I contacted a company requesting at quote for moving my goods to another state, he said he would get back to me in a couple of days, that was a week ago. Doesn't he know that I live, sleep, eat and drink retirement LOL

Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 AM

201 posts, read 235,420 times
Oops, sorry Tressa, I replied to an older thread of yours before seeing this one. I sure understand how the closer you get to retirement day, the slower time seems to go by. Hang in there.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:40 AM

Thanks Cherron, we are hanging in there only cuz we have too. I'm still packing in hopes that we can close on selling our house quickly once thats done it's going to feel a bit more real. I took my pictures off the walls this morning before work, I just don't want to procrastinate. not sure if I spelled that correctly but you get the idea.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:59 PM

2,317 posts, read 4,640,713 times
I just retired after 20 years of NYC law enforcement.I was also counting the days ,but before you know it,it's here! I started planning at about my 15th year,where I wanted to live,if I wanted to work again(nah) I have to say you must have some sort of plan,I am now kicking back,collecting a pension, and enjoying life.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM

3,337 posts, read 12,653,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
87 days and counting, I've never been so busy in planning the next few months. Get to pick out colors for flooring, landscaping theme. It's just so tiring, I'm loving every minute of it.
Jump in the pool, the waters fine. Retirement =

Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,525,807 times
just retired after 20 years of NYC law enforcement.I was also counting the days ,but before you know it,it's here! I started planning at about my 15th year,where I wanted to live,if I wanted to work again(nah) I have to say you must have some sort of plan,I am now kicking back,collecting a pension, and enjoying life.

I am also retiring from NYC (from teaching) & just in time Elliot signed that 55/25 bill. If this had happened just two weeks ago ....

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement