U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable in your own skin?
Yes, I have always been comfortable and true to myself. 28 35.44%
Not sure; still trying to find out who I am. 2 2.53%
No, not comfortable with myself. 9 11.39%
Yes and No. I am now but was not always this way. 40 50.63%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 01:14 PM

4,752 posts, read 8,120,591 times

Advertisements

My husband and I recently attended an event and saw some old acquaintances. What struck me by my husband's remarks to others was just how comfortable he was with himself and where he is.

It also struck me that I am not. I feel I have missed opportunities and I'm not even close to where I should be.

If you are now comfortable with yourself and where you are, what got you there?

You can also PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 01:17 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,909,577 times
If you are not comfortable, I would suggest you identify and address those issues. Being uncomfortable about yourself is not a good way to live.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:23 PM

947 posts, read 796,669 times
I wanted a family most in life, and I have it. I have a life partner I enjoy and it's mutual. We enjoy our home a lot. I think that a lot of it boils down to deciding early in life, what my priorities were, and working toward them gradually. It wasn't always easy. I enjoy change and challenges. Still have them. But I knew myself, knew what what would give me happiness, and have enjoyed the journey so far. Looking forward to what comes next.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:31 PM

4,941 posts, read 5,767,590 times
Yes that is one thing I can truly say for any negatives that may be, I am also comfortable within my own skin.

but I have always enjoyed your posts Bette, you strike me as careing and knowledgeable. I bet you have your positive situations where you are comfortable too.

P.s. It is nice to find admirable qualities in a spouse. Is a good thing

Old 05-13-2017, 01:34 PM

7,502 posts, read 8,013,497 times
Interesting. If the question was asked a few months ago, I'd say sort of. But realizing you can't change the past and today is fine. So I am fine. Today is what matters!

Old 05-13-2017, 01:35 PM

5,967 posts, read 2,955,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
My husband and I recently attended an event and saw some old acquaintances. What struck me by my husband's remarks to others was just how comfortable he was with himself and where he is.

It also struck me that I am not. I feel I have missed opportunities and I'm not even close to where I should be.

If you are now comfortable with yourself and where you are, what got you there?

You can also PM me.
I'm not even sure what this question means.

As Popeye said: I am what I am, and that's all that I am.

But that doesn't stop me from continually trying to improve myself in various ways. I often fail, but I try, anyway. I could never be complacent and settle for what I was yesterday. Tomorrow is a new day. (Which reminds me, I need to get a haircut and cut these long hippie-age locks; it looks like I'm stuck in the 60s.)

Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 PM

9,246 posts, read 4,429,303 times
Yes, I'm all I have.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:15 PM

15,475 posts, read 16,034,375 times
I'm comfortable where I'm at in life. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. People close to me know the person I am.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:27 PM

4,987 posts, read 2,903,225 times
While I don't spend time in the "I coulda been a contender" mode, sometimes I've wondered what my life would have been like if I'd made different decisions. It's impossible to do it all in one lifetime, though, and I'm very happy with how my life has gone.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:27 PM

5,009 posts, read 3,896,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I'm not even sure what this question means.

As Popeye said: I am what I am, and that's all that I am.

But that doesn't stop me from continually trying to improve myself in various ways. I often fail, but I try, anyway. I could never be complacent and settle for what I was yesterday. Tomorrow is a new day. (Which reminds me, I need to get a haircut and cut these long hippie-age locks; it looks like I'm stuck in the 60s.)
I agree.

I like to change things up, so I would say I am comfortable in my skin since I know that is the way I am!

So Betty, the OP, you are comfortable because you know you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or