Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 02:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, there are ways to surgically regrow cartilage, a medical procedure, just like the one I posted a link to.

But your body does not appear to do it on it's own with or without supplements.
Surgery cuts out more cartilage, how is that re growing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 02:44 PM

This is the doctor that led my friend to Cosamin DS.

Dr. Theo's Official Website

Old 11-27-2017, 08:04 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,258,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
You most likely lack strength. Many people feel a twinge of pain and shut down (not saying this is you). Use it or lose it is very true.

And no - a knee replacement will last much longer than 10 years (unless you are an athlete and do what the surgeon says not to.) My 88 yo father had his replaced over 20 years and he is still going strong - walking 2 miles every day.
Thanks, that makes sense to me. But I FINALLY am making an appointment to see a physical therapy office with access to aquatic therapy, that might help.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:08 PM

OK, y'all -- here is my new question after reading the posts about cartilage and possible or not possible re-growth. I am thinking the breakdown of 'stuff' over the many years in the knee that was operated on has done its damage by accumulating where it should not have, and so I wonder two things:
Will an MRI or cat scan show what's really there?
And will arthroscopy help that area?

Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM

I can't answer either of these questions, and often doctors don't know for sure..I've posted how there are failures with arthroscopy surgeries too and I wonder about that with my recent knee mess...cleaning out the knee is arthroscopy. And outcomes, we are all unique and many have different outcomes. I hear people calling in talking about knee surgeries and still have a lot of pain....so. I'm all for Last Resort on any cutting.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I can't answer either of these questions, and often doctors don't know for sure..I've posted how there are failures with arthroscopy surgeries too and I wonder about that with my recent knee mess...cleaning out the knee is arthroscopy. And outcomes, we are all unique and many have different outcomes. I hear people calling in talking about knee surgeries and still have a lot of pain....so. I'm all for Last Resort on any cutting.
Thanks for your answer. I tend to agree. I can only hope that the physical therapist I see will know what he's doing.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 AM

I was thinking about this Cartilage RE GROW issue and some people can throw me off with their comments. I've taken this product off and on for some years and Amazon is a big seller. I have about a 1/2 can now and will start it up again with my morning MSM drink.

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-G...Bcollagen&th=1

Other products are Silica, Horsetail and more.

So it's out there and it's true, we can grow cartilage.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I was thinking about this Cartilage RE GROW issue and some people can throw me off with their comments. I've taken this product off and on for some years and Amazon is a big seller. I have about a 1/2 can now and will start it up again with my morning MSM drink.

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-G...Bcollagen&th=1

Other products are Silica, Horsetail and more.

So it's out there and it's true, we can grow cartilage.
That link doesn't say it grows cartilage, it says it is beneficial for cartilage (and other stuff)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-28-2017, 10:24 AM

OK. Gotta say that with all the answers and help, I am now back to the mind frame of seeing the orthopedist and asking him to please give me as complete an evaluation of my problem as possible. The last guy I saw simply told me after looking at the x-rays that I needed two knee replacements and then just about closed the discussion. I thought, "wha???"

Old 11-28-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That link doesn't say it grows cartilage, it says it is beneficial for cartilage (and other stuff)
Collagen and Cartilage go hand in hand...You don't know THIS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement