Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 08:51 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,829,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Why not put it here, everyone talks about aging. Why not share this as it is known to slow down aging.
Absolutely, patently FALSE.

If it was "known to slow down aging" there would be a host of verifiable documented evidence and it would be well known and prescribed for every person by every doctor. You may be convinced but the medical community is not. I'll side with science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Absolutely, patently FALSE.

If it was "known to slow down aging" there would be a host of verifiable documented evidence and it would be well known and prescribed for every person by every doctor. You may be convinced but the medical community is not. I'll side with science.

As always everyone is welcome to side with whom they choose. I side with my benefits of 22+yrs.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM

7,899 posts, read 7,108,070 times
I usually try to keep it quiet, but if you really want something that will help try Revalenta Arabica. The ancient Egyptians were aware of its powers.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
I usually try to keep it quiet, but if you really want something that will help try Revalenta Arabica. The ancient Egyptians were aware of its powers.
Looks like it's a lentil, right? Lentils are given high marks in foods. Unlike you, I want to share the goodness of what has truly worked in my life and especially as I've aged. My neighbor is going to buy me some Lentil wraps at Trader Joe's that he just loves, he's pretty much vegetarian, after dropping 50 lbs from eating his mega tasty meats.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:08 AM

Yup, try Revalenta Arabica. It sounds like something you would like. Made from lentils. Gluten free. No trans fats, in fact fat free. No salt needed.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:09 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
I've been posting about Grape Seed Extract and Pycnogenol which are in the OPC class of antioxidants since I arrived at C-D and all in the Alternative Section of the Health area.

Grape Seed Extract Benefits OPC Antioxidant Page

I don't buy from the above company but LOVE LOVE their thorough overview of Grape Seed Ex.

Here is the History of OPC's.

OPC History | OPC Antioxidant Reference Guide

I found Pycnogenol in 1995 and took it for the first year and then switched to Grape Seed Extract as it was less money. Same same results:

What they've done for me:

1. Threw away allergy/sinus drugs in a short time on OPC's, never to visit an allergist again as I did for some years prior to OPC's.

2. Eye health is good, still wear scripts that I got 10 yrs ago and no cataracts and have NOT been to an eye doc in going on 10 yrs.

3. Gum health is good, I've years of dental work prior to OPC's, but to this date I have also not gone to a dentist in going on 10 yrs. I also make my own Coconut Oil Toothpaste. Commerical TP's are full of cwap.

4. Brown spots, liver spots and even birthmarks are faded and many gone.

5. Spider veins are about history too.

6. No cancer issues and the main reason I got on Pycnogenol is the panel of MD's and researchers who were touting this OPC said "May Prevent Cancers". It was coming into U.S. from France. Europe in many ways is ahead of us in remedies. I use homeopathics too, but that's another subject.

7. I was 57 when I found Pycnogenol or should I say Pycnogenol found me and I'm headed to 79 in August and still get you look in 50-60's.

8. I just spent 4.5 months in hospitals/rehabs for an infection in my knee and true the OPC's didn't prevent this, a long hard story and I'm still dealing with the MD's and hospital who did NOT find the infection until 2.5 months out when I was in the first rehab.

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Not going to doctors and absolutely know the OPC's have made a huge difference in my life. If I can find help for a health issue I go to Dr. Google first and foremost and then if that fails I will see an MD.

My parents lived into early and mid 90's and if I will who knows, but if I'm not healthy I don't want to be there.
Cool stuff, i am all for it. Now is there real clinical proof this works, or are we talking more "herbal" sorta kinda stuff.

I am all for it, if there is some real studies supporting it, not vested interests.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
Yup, try Revalenta Arabica. It sounds like something you would like. Made from lentils. Gluten free. No trans fats, in fact fat free. No salt needed.
Where do you get it, is it a food or capsule or what? I like lentils a lot. I take a lot of supplements now and don't know if adding another one of the lentil origin is what I want to do.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Cool stuff, i am all for it. Now is there real clinical proof this works, or are we talking more "herbal" sorta kinda stuff.

I am all for it, if there is some real studies supporting it, not vested interests.
There is a history and I posted some links above. It comes from France and NO not FDA approved, and that is just fine in my books...all the toxic drugs are FDA approved so why something so natural be FDA stamped....why would the medical world want people to HEAL themselves vs going to them for their drugs and pay trillions to the pharma industry. Think about it.

As for Real studies, I don't live my life by real studies or not real studies. I'm living proof of what I do and what I choose to trust.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:37 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,829,996 times
Quote:
As always everyone is welcome to side with whom they choose. I side with my benefits of 22+yrs.
You may believe you got benefits from this stuff but your anecdotal "evidence' without controlling for any other changes is no evidence at all, particularly in a single isolated case.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Where do you get it, is it a food or capsule or what? I like lentils a lot. I take a lot of supplements now and don't know if adding another one of the lentil origin is what I want to do.
I do understand you are slowing down. Someone else might be able to explain this. I cant do it with a straight face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement