U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 12:34 AM

17,403 posts, read 21,244,496 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow! Next Week! Next Month! Next Year!

What do you consider to be your least harmless to your worst procrastinations, and which procrastinations you put off and now celebrating you did procrastinate over something?

At 67, I'm still dragging my feet getting a Will made out, as well as my Advanced Health Directives. I would consider that to be my worst procrastination.

Should get a colonoscopy, but I'm going to procrastinate on that one until 2020! Or maybe 2022!

More exercise? Ah! Too windy tonight for a walk. Tomorrow!

I am very glad I procrastinated, since 2009, about moving to Tucson. After 2 years, I visited there 2 months ago, and I can now bury that procrastination!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 12:40 AM

13,890 posts, read 25,327,549 times
Picking up dog poop. I can always do it tomorrow. Cleaning house. Same thing. Manyana! I have to force myself to do those things!

Looked like rain today so I did go out and scoop the poop!

Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 AM

6,256 posts, read 4,734,369 times
I have rarely that the issue of procrastination. I just plain don't do some things I should do. Even chores and work I dislike, I try to get done and behind me quickly. Some people, one I live with, are constantly behind schedule and feeling stressed. Being behind schedule does not make more time. Being a head of schedule does not make more time either, but it can certainly reduce stress and make life easier.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:10 AM

6,321 posts, read 5,058,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Tomorrow! Next Week! Next Month! Next Year!

What do you consider to be your least harmless to your worst procrastinations, and which procrastinations you put off and now celebrating you did procrastinate over something?

At 67, I'm still dragging my feet getting a Will made out, as well as my Advanced Health Directives. I would consider that to be my worst procrastination.

Should get a colonoscopy, but I'm going to procrastinate on that one until 2020! Or maybe 2022!

More exercise? Ah! Too windy tonight for a walk. Tomorrow!

I am very glad I procrastinated, since 2009, about moving to Tucson. After 2 years, I visited there 2 months ago, and I can now bury that procrastination!
I was just thinking about this a few days ago. So much procrastination going on in my life!!

Old 07-26-2017, 09:41 AM

13,235 posts, read 6,335,450 times
Get organized. My garage is full of stuff waiting to be sorted out.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:45 AM

4,365 posts, read 3,702,696 times
Best get a power of attorney now.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:00 AM

3,945 posts, read 3,263,788 times
I tend to want to, "get it done." I learned from my father about the pitfalls of procrastination, he could have retired at 60 or so, but failed to do what was necessary to make that happen, he went to 65 and died six months later of heart disease. My wife, on the other hand will simply not do something today that can be done at a later date. I like the idea of having things done and behind me, rather than waiting for me at a point I really don't feel like it. I guess it's about not wanting to feel rushed when the task is bearing down on your calendar. I've also learned to do a little each day on large tasks and not have to have my day be made up of working or relaxing, both can be rewarding when done in the same day.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:05 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,136,795 times
Might be much easier to make a list of what I don't procrastinate doing.

1. Feed dogs and cat.

2. Eat something chocolate.

There could be one of two other things but nothing jumps right out at this time.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:26 PM

17,403 posts, read 21,244,496 times
I don't know why I have such an aversion to checking my emails. I used to do it once a week, now every 2 weeks or more.

Regular mail, so much unwarranted mail, I fetch out the bills, then let the rest pile up and pile up, and then, finally, I go through it!

Interesting thing about lapsed subscriptions, if you let it lapse, no big deal, it gets cheaper and cheaper to procrastinate. I understand how important it is not to lose a subscriber.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:38 PM

6,321 posts, read 5,058,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Might be much easier to make a list of what I don't procrastinate doing.

1. Feed dogs and cat.

2. Eat something chocolate.

There could be one of two other things but nothing jumps right out at this time.
Great Idea!! Think positive.

I do make it a point to exercise by walking four times a week and go to an organized class twice a week!!

And make sure my pets eat.

The world is good today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement