U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:43 AM

1,016 posts, read 545,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
thanks . luckily it effects nothing else . i can do my drumming ,weight lifting and running with no problems .

just typing seems to be an issue because the tips are like the worst sunburn so just touching it hurts .

i had silent damage from diabetic neuropathy when it went undetected

Sorry to hear that. Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 08:59 AM

13,225 posts, read 6,320,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
no idea . i type with only one finger left handed because i have nerve damage in my finger tips that make them overly sensitive so strange things can happen because i type both very fast and a lot with that one finger . cap keys are definitely out of my equation too.

anyone who has problems with that can just skip my posts .
That's how I do it on my iPad. One finger typing.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:16 AM

273 posts, read 179,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaimer View Post
How much did you figure in for medical pre-Medicare?
Sunaimer: Since you quoted my earlier post, I will respond that my back of the envelope and firecalc estimates included nothing additional for pre-Medicare, as the original poster indicated in her first post that the $6,000/month included healthcare. She may find that her healthcare cost estimate is low, but I wouldn't presume that without more information from her.

FWIW, I'm retired from a PERS job but work full time in the private sector now (private contractor, no benefits) and purchase my health insurance through the state employees retirement health insurance program. I pay >$600/month for middling insurance with a $4,000 deductible. Five years to Medicare for me.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,558 posts, read 39,944,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
As others have mentioned, health insurance is the 800# gorilla unless it's included in your pension.
we have to rely on 'non-insurance'
A comparison of the Major HealthCare Sharing Ministries - MedicalCostShare.com

and medical tourism (as do 15m worldwide) 1.4m from USA alone, MOST are from Europe / and 'national-healthcare' countries
https://patientsbeyondborders.com/me...atistics-facts

How much to 'save' for retirement?
my kids calculate $4m, and they will be 'free'

I originally thought $500k + paid off everything (that was before property taxes and Medical went up 500- 800%)

Then... I thought $1-1.5m would do. (won't quite cut-it with today's costs & 50+ yrs in retirement)

NOW... forget saving..., just replace your earnings with an inflation protected income stream and QUIT the J-O-B
sooner the better - Age 20 would have been about right! (And certainly possible... very EZ by age 30 (if double 'professional' income) if single... age 40 would be a reasonable time to accumulate and 'depart' employment. for GOOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement