U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 02:52 PM

7,102 posts, read 3,463,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
Not lazier but weaker.
Yep. It's an aging thing.....most of us ARE simply older in retirement.

Tasks that I did at age 50 (when first retired), take longer. Repainting a bedroom used to be an afternoon's work. Now at age 65, we either hire someone (in MX where labor is cheap), or at our US home, I divide the job into one wall per afternoon.

Also at age 50, I used to do spur of moment dinner parties for 8 or 10 people...with only 2 or 3 days notice. Now we either call a caterer (MX) or in the US will go to specialty stores for pre-made appetizers and desserts and just make the entrees at home.

It took me a few failures to realize I have to allow more time to do big projects. I also have a disease in both hands that has left my right hand with the use of only my thumb and 2 other fingers. Cooking, which had been my passion is painful in addition to slower.

I'm not complaining, it's just a fact of longevity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 03:11 PM

120 posts, read 59,171 times
I'm also in the "eh, I can do that tomorrow" camp with most things. I do get out of the house most every day, unless I'm involved in an XBOX marathon.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:30 PM

2,215 posts, read 743,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Guy View Post
I'm also in the "eh, I can do that tomorrow" camp with most things. I do get out of the house most every day, unless I'm involved in an XBOX marathon.
lol..I save my gaming marathons for the evenings otherwise I might be glued to the PC.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:24 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Younger retiree. Florida heat usually catches up to me by 2 pm causing laziness. I do a lot from 8 a.m. til 2 pm.....fitness stuff.

I know I'll slow down in the next decade but hope I can fight it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement