U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 07:03 AM

364 posts, read 553,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i just ordered a self driving saburu . the biggest problem i have is the brake pedal in traffic. it digs in to the sensitive spot . the self driving vehicles are amazing in braking or keeping distance from the car in front with no input from me .
I love my Subaru with Eyesight system. I originally bought it for my 90 year old mom because she wanted a car with side overtaking warnings. I did my research and chose the Subaru to provide the maximum assistance. When I drove it and discovered the intelligent cruise control, I was sold. I used to be a white knuckle driver in heavy traffic situations. Now I can relax and just steer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 07:09 AM

71,735 posts, read 71,829,507 times
to be honest it was not an option i would have ever considered . my friend demonstrated his to me and i am like this is amazing .

my feet are going to love it .

Old 08-13-2017, 08:50 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,445,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh those ballet feet have got to suffer. And 5 surgeries!!! No barefeet for me as I need good support to walk with stability. Having a hip replacement 7 yrs age really messed up my total body structure.
I understand! I had an L3,4,5 spinal fusion 9 years ago and it totally shifted my "center". I had to learn to balance again. Now I'm having issues with my left hip and femur. Oh well - we still must be grateful for the medical advances that keep us on our feet and not bed ridden.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:52 AM

2,132 posts, read 1,007,573 times
Quote:
Without my looking it up is the Mycocide ,,,,,,, a drug.
Seriously, Google is your friend. It is a foot cream, not a drug. The whole title is "Woodward's Mycocide CX Germ Killing Antimicrobial Callus Exfoliator". It has the same ingredients as many other foot creams I have tried, but in different proportions. No other foot cream I have tried works half so well - a lot of them don't work at all.

I doubt there is enough of anything in it to actually affect a foot fungus, but that's not my issue so what do I know. However a main ingredient is urea which acts as a skin/callus softener. That's where I get all the benefit.

There are other foot creams out there that have a ton of other ingredients in them. I think those don't work as well for me because some of those ingredients end up interfering with each other. The Mycocide has only the Urea (main ingredient) and benzalkolium chloride 0.10% (a weak antiseptic). There is no antifungal per se in it. Plus the regular emulsifiers and fillers that you always find in any sort of cream.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:59 AM

31,103 posts, read 13,622,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Seriously, Google is your friend. It is a foot cream, not a drug. The whole title is "Woodward's Mycocide CX Germ Killing Antimicrobial Callus Exfoliator". It has the same ingredients as many other foot creams I have tried, but in different proportions. No other foot cream I have tried works half so well - a lot of them don't work at all.
Mycocide is an anti-fungal over the counter drug the generic name for the drug is tolnaftate
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/mycocide-ns-side-effects.html

Old 08-13-2017, 11:47 AM

1,926 posts, read 992,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post

I doubt there is enough of anything in it to actually affect a foot fungus, but that's not my issue so what do I know. However a main ingredient is urea which acts as a skin/callus softener. That's where I get all the benefit.

There are other foot creams out there that have a ton of other ingredients in them. I think those don't work as well for me because some of those ingredients end up interfering with each other. The Mycocide has only the Urea (main ingredient) and benzalkolium chloride 0.10% (a weak antiseptic). There is no antifungal per se in it. Plus the regular emulsifiers and fillers that you always find in any sort of cream.
It would have made things easier if you had used the full product name to begin with

this stuff gets good reviews on amazon and is on sale @ walgreenes right now.

coconut oil works if you use it regularly and wear heavy socks. Just be careful about falling!

your feet will still hurt but they will look much better

Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM

9,766 posts, read 7,047,160 times
Quote:
I don't have diabetes but I've read from others who do well on Berberine, some on C-D health area. Just an FYI.

And to those who talk so great about Crocs, I could never understand that one...these are plastic and maybe rubber. And hardly any support, if any.
Crocs are made of a propietary material they call crosselite, and it feels like rubber to me.

What are Crocs Made of?

I've worn Crocs for years and find they have significant arch support, and support under the toe joints as well. They feel good and I can walk for hours in them.

But Pywackette does have a point about being careful in any sandals, Crocs included. They can be slippery when you get your feet wet in them, say when you wear them outside in the rain or wet grass, or you can trip in them like you might any sandals. I have learned that as much as I like my Crocs, they aren't suitable for wearing everywhere.

My problem with Crocs is that I like them so much I tend to wear them after the tread on the bottom has worn out (about 3 yrs of nearly everyday wear), and they can really get slippery in wet conditions at that point. Those sandals/clogs I tend to just wear at home. But I should toss them and get new ones.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:15 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,777,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
My feet are killing me!!!!!!!!! 70 years old and I just dread walking. I think it is a combination of diabetic neuropathy and osteoarthritis. I am getting with my doctor asap to see what she can do. Anyone else with similar condition?
My mom has a huge problem in her feet form diabetic neuropathy. She is younger than you and it drives her crazy. It has really had an impact on her life. There are days she can't function because of the pain. She has tried several different meds, but most have awful side affects and she can't take them. She's willing to try just about anything. Sometimes a glass of wine helps.....I think it's calming her in general.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:12 AM

480 posts, read 400,342 times
Plenty of men get bunions, and so do people of both sexes who dwell in places where they hardly ever wear shoes.

Bunions are primarily genetic, or so my podiatrist informed me when mine started to hurt and cause problems. An X-ray of my foot showed that the bones, rather than being arranged side-by-side, are in a sort of fan-shaped configuration, making for a wide forefoot, while my heel is average width.

According to the Dr., this type of foot is not uncommon (it runs in my family, men and women both), and always results in bunions if you live long enough. My options were: bunion surgery, which he didn't recommend because he did not think it would be very effective, or wearing extra-wide shoes. Guess which one I chose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Bunions from hell. When will women stop buying into wearing shoes that cripple us on so many levels.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 AM

34,696 posts, read 33,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I used to when I was on a certain Statin drug for my cholesterol. I've switched medicine and don't have near the problem. I also lost about 20lbs which seemed to help a lot.
First thing I did when I had trouble with my legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or