U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 AM

2,030 posts, read 858,396 times

Advertisements

That's the way it goes with some people, but not for all. They way I look at, people who drop you probably weren't real friends at all, they just were using you for their own purposes, and when those purposes end, the "friendship" ends. It used to be referred to as foxhole buddies. When the mutual shared interest (i.e. surviving at war or at work or at school) is over, the "friendship" is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon1 View Post
I dont believe it is because there is anything wrong with people.thats just how it goes.Peoples lives change.

I know two women,widowed ladies who always referred to each other,as My dearest friend and took trips together.

Friends no more,since the other met a man and got married,now her dearest friend has been cast aside.

And that's the way it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 11:52 AM

294 posts, read 148,915 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
You may see it again. I had three good friends from work. None of them were friends with each other, and had worked in different departments I had worked in. They were people who I hung out with, had lunch with, spoke to regularly in person or on the phone, and socialized with at work and after work for more than 20 years. One I still talk to on the phone about oncer a week. The other two did a fade when I retired. They both told me they couldn't make my retirement luncheon but would take me out for lunch. One did take me out for lunch, the other never did. Neither kept up with phone calls or emails and I haven't spoken with either in many years.
bobspez, you could be right. Phillipe has been retired four years now. It could be either friend or both. And it could be me doing the bailing out. I have learned that much in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement