U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 12:16 PM

25 posts, read 14,374 times

Advertisements

"I miss interacting with a dozen people a day."

What are you doing now to solve this issue? Seems like a part time job would solve the issue of having companionship and give you extra income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 12:25 PM

So what are you doing now?

Be the role model for people to start planning how they will spend their time during retirement!

Age Brilliantly's philosophy is that we don't just retire to a life of leisure. We transition to another chapter, another adventure. You can do whatever you want!

Old 09-05-2017, 12:30 PM

Keep in touch and tell me about it. Would love to hear your experience

Old 09-05-2017, 12:40 PM

1,453 posts, read 1,153,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeBrilliantly View Post

Age Brilliantly's philosophy is that we don't just retire to a life of leisure. We transition to another chapter, another adventure. You can do whatever you want!
Why do we ALL have to age brilliantly?

You stated that "You can do whatever you want". What if some people just want to retire to a life of leisure?

I am very curious about the intent of your threads. They seem to be either soft commercial pitches to get people to join your Age Brilliantly forum or attempts to gather data/information for your website.

I have enjoyed participating in discussions at this CD retirement forum where people SHARE their experience and opinions. The threads which you have started somehow do not seem to fit this forum non-commercial, friendly atmosphere.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:45 PM

That's great to hear. You should set an example for your fellow mates on how to have a great retirement! Help them out because being bored in retirement is not how one should live.

Help them Age Brilliantly!

Old 09-05-2017, 12:51 PM

I apologize if I came off that way. I am trying to understand what people are going through and to learn from different perspectives on what people want.

If life of leisure is what makes you happy, go for it!

But based off many interactions with people and countless studies online shows a majority of people find that life of leisure alone will eventually make them bored. They want more. They want to do something meaningful in their life and give back to the community AND have times of leisure around that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or