U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 05:51 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,286,872 times

Advertisements

Nothing really. I'd live in a permanent summer climate if I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 03:29 PM

21,867 posts, read 14,390,517 times
Spring, from the very earliest weeks on, is my favorite season. I have mixed feelings about Fall. Here, this year, we are longing for rain because of the nearby forest fires. But generally I hate to see the sun diminish every day. I do enjoy hottish weather with plenty of sun. This year, we've had rather too much of this, so rain will come as a relief.

I do enjoy apple season, and I am sure to sample as many varieties as I can. We like to take one last quick car trip. I do enjoy bundling a bit and drinking a cup of coffee on my back porch. For the first time, I have mums blooming! So, the season does have some recompense for me.

But this year they are talkng La Nina again, and I dread another wet, dreary winter with winter precip that this area cannot handle. But, overall, winter is not as horrible as it is the midwast. But, I never really enjoy the Fall, here or in the American midwest.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:33 PM

4,800 posts, read 4,850,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Summer is unofficially over.

Time to get out the light jackets and long pants.

I hate when summer ends, and don't care for winter. In a few years we will be wintering in warmer climate.

So, to help me get over the doldrums as Fall sets in, what do you look for that excited you about Fall?

I HATE raking leaves, I hate the cooler weather setting in, I hate the looming threat of snow coming eventually.

I like spring and summer, but fall is the leadway into winter.

So what's your favorite part of Fall?
Falling asleep and waking up for Spring.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:02 PM

679 posts, read 617,917 times
Hot summer changes to warm summer around mid to end of October.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:16 PM

14,018 posts, read 17,744,100 times
I confess I haven't read the thread, but my comment is that here in the greater Los Angeles area, there isn't really such a marked difference in the seasons that I would have anything in particular to look forward to "in Fall". People say we don't have seasons here, but actually that's not true; we do have them but the differences in temperatures are fairly small compared to many other places. I sometimes need to use the air conditioning in June, July, August, and September. I sometimes need to use the heat in November through March.

We have a rainy season (November through April, more or less) and a dry season (the rest of the year). We may not see any rain at all for six months or almost six months, so the "first" rain of the season is always a welcome change.

What I look forward to near the end of the summer (late August) is the beginning of the school year and meeting new groups of students to whom I will read aloud for the duration of that school year.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:54 PM

3,346 posts, read 3,051,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post

So what's your favorite part of Fall?

Hockey begins. And we still have summer - mid to high 80s projected for the rest of the month.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:34 PM

7,673 posts, read 4,712,277 times
We drove down Oak Creek Canyon today from Flagstaff to Sedona. The weather was perfect. This feels like the beginning of fall.

Not so exactly two weeks ago when I was in Sedona -- much hotter then. Obviously still summer.

I love this area so much. I want to move here. Would love to be here in winter when there's a light dusting of snow on the famous red rocks.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:10 PM
mlb

3,181 posts, read 2,857,897 times
What do I look forward to in fall?

1.) Cool Crisp Mountain Air
2.) Oktoberfest
3.) FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL - Go Pack GO!
4.) Summer heat is gone unless Indian Summer... which is OK.
5.) Comfort food - apple or peach crisp, hot apple cider, etc.
6.) I hear less and less from the neighbors as they go indoors
and last but not least:
7.) My October birthday - after this next one - 2018 is the birthday I will retire.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:50 AM

1,137 posts, read 570,641 times
I'm confused.

"3.) FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL - Go Pack GO!"

Don't your initials stand for 'Major League Baseball"?

Old 09-19-2017, 06:32 AM

7,108 posts, read 3,465,006 times
I live in the land of eternal spring; seasons are mostly meaningless here in Central Mexico. Amount of rain changes (dry in fall winter and spring), but temperatures are fairly constant. Here's a link to weather here at Lake Chapala.

Lake Chapala Seasons and Temperatures - Focus On Mexico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or