U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 07:06 AM

5,446 posts, read 2,344,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
I look 60, feel like 80, am overweight AND have short hair but I am alive after surviving breast cancer and my husband of 40 years adores me and I adore him. I had a harder time of it in my fifties because of menopause and all the sudden changes but now I am so focused on enjoying life. I wish you the best
You. I like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Oh, my goodness, ladies... how did this turn in to a "post your height and weight" thread?? NOBODY cares, and neither should you! Why are women so focused on it? Life is too short! If you need to get in better shape, hop to it, but enough already with numbers.
Lol. no one seems to believe that part...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 07:09 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,429,410 times
Question for women, how did you get over getting older?

Who said I've gotten over it?

Old 09-24-2017, 11:10 PM

5,215 posts, read 2,083,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Question for women, how did you get over getting older?

Who said I've gotten over it?
Yep.

Also, it doesn't appear the OP has been back, not knowing if any responses had helped...might have become kind of depressing.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:47 PM

4,404 posts, read 5,925,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yep.

Also, it doesn't appear the OP has been back, not knowing if any responses had helped...might have become kind of depressing.
I don't care, I'm feeling better because other women have boxy hips, like me.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:10 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,004,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yeah you are right,but i am looking at some other posts on this forum and a large percentage of them did!

So some posters misunderstood my comment about unattractive women and getting older.

I notice in these getting older threads that nobody ADMITS to being unattractive when younger.

Everyone always was super attractive and lost their looks.

SO why cant the opposite happen?
Because people refuse to believe that some older women look better in their older years than they did when younger.

WHy is THAT so hard to understand?
Well I'll be the first then.

I have never been "attractive". Not necessarily ugly, just not "attractive". Whatever that means.

I'm pretty sure I was not "attractive" due to my EXTREMELY limited dating opportunities.

My son, by contrast, elicited the following statements from female coworkers when I passed his graduation pictures around.

coworker #1: Do you think Pye's son is good looking?

coworker #2: ONLY IF YOU LIKE GREEK GODS!

So I'll just have to live vicariously through him.

Oh wait. Can't do that either. He's 33 and long outside my sphere of influence. Too late! LOL!

Old 11-25-2017, 05:17 PM

2,566 posts, read 957,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
It was no "hell" at all. I didn't even notice it. It was nothing. And no problems whatsoever.
I envy you. But not everyone is so fortunate. There are plenty of us out there who have been in meno hell for years. And sisters, I'm with ya on this . You are not alone.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Well, aren't you lucky! This is exactly what I was writing about. Women are so mean to each other. No supporting; just judging.
Just realize your experience is not the normal and for some of us it is a different journey, including suffering with health issues.
Damn straight!!!

Old 11-25-2017, 05:23 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,902,218 times
It's part of life...no need to "get over" anything.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Get over getting older or aging? I don't have anything to get over. I'm perfectly fine with aging. I'm not vain like the OP though so that probably has a lot to do with it. Aging is what is. It's simply a fact of life that no one can overcome. Sure beats dying at 40!
I disagree. The OP was NOT being vain. Just wondering how people handle it is all she wanted since she like all women are headed in that direction. She was just asking for some female wisdom from her elders. Calling her vain was insulting, especially since it isn't true. Most women care how they look, and aging can, and does change our looks. This society is youth crazy, and not very supportive of us older ladies .

Old 11-25-2017, 05:48 PM

11,992 posts, read 5,122,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
It's part of life...no need to "get over" anything.
That's what I think too. Why make a big deal over something you have no control over except maybe artificially for aesthetics sake? It's like trying to get over being born one race or another. It is what it is. You should have no regrets because you took your turn being young. Get on with your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or