U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:19 PM

5,232 posts, read 3,010,111 times

Advertisements

After the summer passes the sun is less intense and we will ride with the top down more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 03:21 PM

31,613 posts, read 19,947,296 times
My favorite season is always the next one. Winter is fun and then it gets to be a pain, so spring is welcome. That might be rainy which is nice, but you can't go out and do much, so summer is welcome, that gets too hot so winter is welcome.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 09-18-2017, 03:28 PM

31,982 posts, read 36,613,387 times
College football season.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:06 PM

6,302 posts, read 3,569,825 times
Southern MN here. I'm a Summer person.

I feel my best when the sun is shining and I'm in or near some water.

I grow multitudes of flowers in the yard and like to be out tramping around in the woods and on the prairie with the wild creatures. There are many berries, roots, mushrooms and herbs that can be foraged around here and I look forward to that. I pick bunches of wild flowers and watch the birds. My bird and wildflower books go along with me.

Summer is the best time to do my favorite things in MN. When I get too warm I either go wading, swimming or in the house. If I'm gardening I just might turn the hose on myself. Heh.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:27 PM

10,604 posts, read 14,193,877 times
Ditto. Spring - like March-April. Because your bad weather is dying out and the promise of summer is right around the corner. Versus say, July which always feels like summer is over when you are working and facing yet another winter commuting on icy roads!

Old 09-18-2017, 07:04 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,157,959 times
I love the Summer. Beaches, Baseball games, water parks, outdoor BBQ's, family trips, vacations, golfing, days are longer, wearing loose clothes, relaxing outside and the list goes on. The Summer reminds me of my youth back in the 80's. The only thing I hate about the Summer is the bugs. Lots of them come out at night.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:57 PM

35,450 posts, read 10,488,468 times
Summer is my favorite. I used to like fall, too. Until the stink bugs arrived...in 2012...

Old 09-18-2017, 10:27 PM
JRR

3,677 posts, read 2,224,193 times
We actually like all of them. Moved up here in the Spring with the trees/flowers starting to bloom and the temperatures starting to rise. Then into Summer with some hot days, but not all the time. Still cool enough in the evening to enjoy a concert in the park. Now heading into Autumn with gradually dropping temperatures and the dogwoods turning along with some of the maples starting. Looking forward to Winter with a bit of snow. Then it is back to Spring again.

The nice thing about this area is that none of the seasons are long and you seem to be moving along the the next phase rather quickly. Not like upstate New York where I was born where Winter just seemed to drag on forever or Florida where Summer was interminable.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:24 AM

294 posts, read 149,075 times
Autumn. As I stated in a different thread, the Falls in Tidewater Virginia are beautiful. I will die in the Fall, even if I have to grind through a torturous humid Summer.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:30 AM

1,983 posts, read 2,633,656 times
I'm so envious of the posters above who are able to enjoy the fall. It used to be my favorite season too, when I was growing up in Pennsylvania. I was always happiest in the fall -- back to school, cooler weather, beautiful fall leaves ... yeah, all that.

Then I moved to Florida, and now the fall is ruined for me. It's as hot and humid here in September as it was in August, and besides it's the height of hurricane season! No changing leaves, I'm too old to go back to school, blah.

T. S. Eliot said, "April is the cruellest month," but in Florida, for me, that designation belongs to September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or