U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 AM

10,440 posts, read 9,432,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Spring for the same reasons. I like fall, but I dread winter. You can erase Jan, Feb, and March from the calendar as far as I am concerned. April and October are my fav months.
Ditto!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 10:09 AM

34,739 posts, read 33,779,908 times
Outdoor photography is my hobby. I like Fall for the scenery (and November skies), Spring for songbird migration and Winter because that when the migrating seagulls show up in my town. My favorite temperatures are 50s and cloudy skies (no shadows).

I despise summer and typically stay indoors compared to other seasons. Hate the heat (past 75 is too hot for me), incessant sunshine haze, too many people in traffic, the ugly green color of the trees in the summer and the birds you never see because they get enough bugs to eat so they don't need me to feed them (to lure them for photographs). Not fond of crickets getting in my home, either. Trees look better in September, early October and April when they are chartreuse here and late October and the first week of November when they are colorful. Never take summer vacations and didn't when I was in the workforce, either.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 AM
46H

974 posts, read 593,037 times
I enjoy the change of seasons, but winter is my favorite due to my love of skiing. Fall would be my second favorite. I am usually too warm and can easily keep comfortable in the fall and winter.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:46 AM

31,949 posts, read 20,133,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
I'm so envious of the posters above who are able to enjoy the fall. It used to be my favorite season too, when I was growing up in Pennsylvania. I was always happiest in the fall -- back to school, cooler weather, beautiful fall leaves ... yeah, all that.

Then I moved to Florida, and now the fall is ruined for me. It's as hot and humid here in September as it was in August, and besides it's the height of hurricane season! No changing leaves, I'm too old to go back to school, blah.

T. S. Eliot said, "April is the cruellest month," but in Florida, for me, that designation belongs to September.

Yeah, I'm in Hawaii, no seasons, no bueno.

I wrote how I feel about them in anticipation of a move!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 09-19-2017, 11:23 AM

295 posts, read 144,013 times
i enjoy April through about the middle of August. I hate fall because the days are so short. Spring and summer are the best. Long days, blue skies, birds are singing. Just love everything about it. Once the middle of August rolls around and the days are shorter I start to despise it. I look forward to May when the orioles and hummingbirds return and I can plant my garden.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:03 PM

3,458 posts, read 2,354,423 times
Spring because it holds so much promise. The sun comes out more and warms the Earth, the days get longer, and the bulbs, seeds and plants I planted or tended in the fall start to bloom. The perfume from my hyacinths is heavenly! I like early summer (June), but don't care for the heat of July and August. Still, I like the long days of summer. Early fall is very nice, but as it lingers, I feel my annual bout of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) tapping me on the shoulder. By the time we turn the clocks back and it gets dark so early, I am feeling pretty low. TG I get through the winter with the help of my special light/lamp and lots of Vitamin D. Thinking about spring also helps me get through winter.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:27 PM

9,324 posts, read 8,371,420 times
Winter! Hot, sunny days with lots of blue skies and pool and beach days!

Old 09-19-2017, 01:12 PM

14,449 posts, read 7,972,039 times
I would have to say winter is my favorite season. I can dress for the cold, but I can't dress for the relentless heat of summer. That's not to say that I don't enjoy summer, I do. There's good in all of the seasons, but there's just something about walking in the snow on a night with a full moon. Magic

Old 09-20-2017, 06:24 PM

18,837 posts, read 4,960,720 times
Autumn, not too hot or too cold. Beautiful colors and crisp air.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:55 PM

14,018 posts, read 17,795,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My favorite season is always the next one. Winter is fun and then it gets to be a pain, so spring is welcome. That might be rainy which is nice, but you can't go out and do much, so summer is welcome, that gets too hot so winter is welcome.

I was about to write along similar lines when I read your post. I don't have a favorite season because change is always welcome after two or three months of any given weather pattern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or