U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 03:58 PM

1,986 posts, read 2,635,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
How does one accumulate trips and events?
One accumulates the memories!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 04:02 PM

2,133 posts, read 984,375 times
Baseball Cards. A few times a year (when I feel down) and at Christmas I treat myself to some old baseball cards (I'm nostalgic, so 1960's and 1970's Topps) and it makes me feel better. I'm 48 and still working, btw.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:10 PM

2,875 posts, read 1,403,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDL View Post
Ha ha! I did not realize of being an alien. I am packing today for an 18-days trip to Europe and only bring an extra pair of shoes besides the hiking shoes which I will be wearing most of the time.

When travel, I only pack another pair of water shoes/boots for special purposes like scuba diving, rowing or boating.

Honestly, I don't understand the typical woman's obsession with shoes especially the desire to match shoes color with outfit. At any given time, I have no more than 5-6 pairs of footwear for different purposes (working in the garden, hiking/birding, rowing, walking/shoveling snow, wearing around the house and formal occasions). My shoes are neutral color (black or tan) to go with pretty much everything.
OMG Bella,
Traveling with me is like travelling on Cleopatra's barge. A weekend trip to N.Y and I brought 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of walking shoes, 1 pair of evening shoes.

Now I will say that a few pairs are pretty pricey so I've had them for a very long time. LOL I think I have 7 black pair alone.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:45 PM

977 posts, read 605,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
OMG Bella,
Traveling with me is like travelling on Cleopatra's barge. A weekend trip to N.Y and I brought 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of walking shoes, 1 pair of evening shoes.

Now I will say that a few pairs are pretty pricey so I've had them for a very long time. LOL I think I have 7 black pair alone.
We very much enjoy cruising, and when we started cruising 15 years ago this was back in the day where women wore ball gowns and men wore tuxes. After about 3 cruises of packing heavy formal wear and the shoes and all else that went with that I had had enough, so cruise #4 and all others thereafter were on a less formal cruise lines and the gowns and tux got donated to Salvation Army. Last year we did a 10 day Italy cruise with two pre cruise days in Barcelona and managed with two smaller size suitcases and one carry on bag each which made our travel experience so much easier than lugging heavy suitcases with more than needed clothes, shoes, etc.

In preparation for that cruise I watched a gazillion packing videos on youtube, and with a little more discipline I think in the very near future I will be down to just a carry on suitcase and small carry on bag that fits easily under the seat.

If you are a serial overpacker like I was, watching those packing videos will give you packing tips you never would have thought of that will lighten your load and may very well make your next trip equally stylish and more enjoyable.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:55 PM

16,354 posts, read 10,337,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Life's short, don't accumulate.
will if I want to.

hippos, cross stitch supplies, hippos, dvds, hippos

did I mention hippos?

Old 09-20-2017, 05:30 PM

6,399 posts, read 3,353,438 times
Chocolate

Old 09-20-2017, 05:46 PM

9,217 posts, read 8,298,253 times
Clothes, shoes, accessories, and travel.

I can check books out at the library.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:47 PM

1,137 posts, read 569,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDL View Post
Ha ha! I did not realize of being an alien. I am packing today for an 18-days trip to Europe and only bring an extra pair of shoes besides the hiking shoes which I will be wearing most of the time.

When travel, I only pack another pair of water shoes/boots for special purposes like scuba diving, rowing or boating.

Honestly, I don't understand the typical woman's obsession with shoes especially the desire to match shoes color with outfit. At any given time, I have no more than 5-6 pairs of footwear for different purposes (working in the garden, hiking/birding, rowing, walking/shoveling snow, wearing around the house and formal occasions). My shoes are neutral color (black or tan) to go with pretty much everything.
So? What planet are you from?

Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 PM

1,137 posts, read 569,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Wine.
Looks like a lot of us are on the same page. My brother sent me a cool question (not his, but seen on a billboard):

"If you had the choice of being slender again, or giving up wine, which would you choose?
Red or White?"

Old 09-20-2017, 06:15 PM

2,222 posts, read 1,665,172 times
Food, sometimes I eat 4 meals in one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement