U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 05:34 PM

1,056 posts, read 413,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
So, they did make an offer, and a fantastic one at that. I, of course, took it, so I am back working for man. The rate is fantastic, the place, a major player in aircraft avionics, is great, but the commute in 75 minutes each way on a good day, 90 or more on a bad day, but the rate is worth it. I hope this is the last contract, about 12 months, I have to do, if I can get out of this house in one year.
Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 06:15 AM

972 posts, read 2,428,553 times
My advice to you is that if you are seeing a lot of negative reviews on Glassdoor, run!!! Yes it is true that disgruntled employees are more likely to post than happy employees, but a company that is a great place to work won't have a large number of bad reviews.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:03 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,493,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
So, they did make an offer, and a fantastic one at that. I, of course, took it, so I am back working for man. The rate is fantastic, the place, a major player in aircraft avionics, is great, but the commute in 75 minutes each way on a good day, 90 or more on a bad day, but the rate is worth it. I hope this is the last contract, about 12 months, I have to do, if I can get out of this house in one year.
Congrats! You easily can do a year standing on your head in almost any company, even one that comes across as toxic on Glassdoor.

My advice is: keep your mouth shut as much as possible, do your work as best you can and try to shine at least once in a while. Always remember co-workers for a short time like this are just THAT, NOT friends! They can be bad enemies though, so don't make any while you are there.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:00 PM

538 posts, read 290,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Just bear in mind that a disgruntled employee is more likely to post a review than a gruntled employee.
Gruntled employee. Laughed out loud when I read that, too funny!

Interesting that this subject has come up. I attended a New Year's party with old (and young) friends and ran into a former coworker who recently left the company we both worked for. A very bright and motivated millennial around age 23-24, graduated summa um laude from what is considered a top engineering school in this area, located in Golden, CO.

We got into a conversation about Glassdoor. He admitted to me that the HR department bribed him, along with 8 other college interns to leave good reviews on the website. The woman that asked him to do it said the managers were concerned about the company's low ratings and poor reviews and needed a boost to offset the negative stuff. He actually went along with it because he thought they wouldn't retain him if he didn't. He regretted it and I suggested that he go in and post a more truthful review, now that he didn't have anything to lose.

Having worked there I recognized the truthful statements against the obviously fake ones... but to an outsider they would never know the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement