Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:59 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times

Advertisements

No more snow:

Let's just give it up to let mathjak have his "entitled opinion"....he has no proof of anymore fraud in SSDI than in any other system.

He probably thinks because I'm ALLOWED to work and earn something that I myself, am " gaming the system", but he doesn't realize that after years of seeing my SSDI deteriorate, that I HAVE to work as my SSDI doesn't cover the bills the way it used to.

I'm no different really than a SS retiree who works part time to supplement SS.

And, if I recall in other posts, mathjak is one who promotes or is using the ACA and low income to avoid paying for health care as " using the system" to his advantage, or at least advocated doing so, perhaps I have mathjak confused with someone else.

Until mathjak has EXPERIENCED disability for himself, he'll never know. And no amount of money prep can prepare one for the pain of a degenerating spine and discs, requiring daily dose of morphine, and codeine, a regiment of RFA ( radio frequency ablation), steroidal injections, and trigger point nerve injections. Nor can he know what a real clinical depression is, if he's never experienced it. Being "down in the dumps" is NOT what clinical depression is.

So let mathjak have his OPINION. He obviously has little data to back his claims.

Sure there are people who game the system, but they do ANY system. I'm sure mathjak uses the tax codes to HIS advantage as well, when he could be paying his fair share instead. I believe I've seen so in his posts suggestions.

Nomoresnow...enjoy your weekend.

OP I hope we've helped before this thread deteriorated into mathjaks vehement claims of falsehoods.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 03:33 AM

106,656 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Whoa, you're so unhinged by this that you've lost your capital letters and other punctuation.

I don't see where this post argues with anything anyone here has said.

You don't win an argument by stating the same facts everyone already knows.
really no caps or punctuation . where have you been ? . i have said why so many times . i don't use caps and punctuation because i have a disability ...

i have diabetic neuropathy for years in my finger tips and toes and have to type with one finger ,lefty . the other fingers are far to sensitive to be used when i type

it is far to inconvenient and way to slow .

so if it bothers you ,dont read my posts .

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-06-2017 at 04:15 AM..

Old 10-06-2017, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
No more snow:

Let's just give it up to let mathjak have his "entitled opinion"....he has no proof of anymore fraud in SSDI than in any other system.

He probably thinks because I'm ALLOWED to work and earn something that I myself, am " gaming the system", but he doesn't realize that after years of seeing my SSDI deteriorate, that I HAVE to work as my SSDI doesn't cover the bills the way it used to.

And, if I recall in other posts, mathjak is one who promotes or is using the ACA and low income to avoid paying for health care as " using the system" to his advantage, or at least advocated doing so, perhaps I have mathjak confused with someone else.

Until mathjak has EXPERIENCED disability for himself, he'll never know. And no amount of money prep can prepare one for the pain of a degenerating spine and discs, requiring daily dose of morphine, and codeine, a regiment of RFA ( radio frequency ablation), steroidal injections, and trigger point nerve injections. Nor can he know what a real clinical depression is, if he's never experienced it. Being "down in the dumps" is NOT what clinical depression is.

So let mathjak have his OPINION. He obviously has little data to back his claims.

Sure there are people who game the system, but they do ANY system. I'm sure mathjak uses the tax codes to HIS advantage as well, when he could be paying his fair share instead. I believe I've seen so in his posts suggestions.

OP I hope we've helped before this thread deteriorated into mathjaks vehement claims of falsehoods.

so i guess the over 100 that were busted in nyc for ssdi fraud and are only the tip of the investigation does not count . i guess all those we see on the court tv shows working all kinds of side jobs while claiming they can't work but are renovating homes does not count . believe what you like and hide your head in the sand and pretend the 50% jump in numbers is warranted because they all find it impossible to work and not for the real reason of using it as extended unemployment insurance rather than working either by choice or because they can't find a job . but not because they are truly disabled . . .

sell that story to someone else , i ain't buying it . the system is abused . i will guess and say the old 80/20 rule applies and 20% of those on it likely should not be . i may be higher but i will give it the benefit of the doubt . it is abused as much as welfare is .

why does everyone on disability here think that this is directed at only them and their personal situation - nonsense! they can't possibly speak for anyone being ethical but themselves yet they always do like it is directed at them .

why do you think ss puts such efforts in to fighting fraud and abuse in the system ? because it does not a big issue ?

https://www.ssa.gov/antifraudfacts/spotlight.html

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-06-2017 at 04:16 AM..

Old 10-06-2017, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
No more snow:

i have never had a subsidy on an aca plan in my life . i wish i could have had what the laws allow those with no health insurance to have but i don't qualify -AND I AM NOT ENTITLED .

i still don't get what all your comments about the types of disabilities there are out there , like the discs, have to do with those receiving benefits who really should not be because they do not really have a legitimate reason and just had a lawyer or doctor with connections squeeze them through . ..don't try to tell us this does not happen more often than it should.

that is all i have to say on this topic

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-06-2017 at 04:17 AM..

Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 AM

212 posts, read 162,276 times
Just wanted to update that she went to see an attorney who specializes in disability. She told her that she presents a good case since she has been in treatment with medical records prove starting 3 years ago when she had the nervous breakdown and had to be hospitalized for 6 months.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:48 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
When your only options are either to try to get disability or end up homeless you can be sure what the choice is going to be. I know a lot of people who have ended up in this predicament. Pretty sad.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:49 AM

there are lots of welfare related programs depending on where you live . trying to say because your personal situation is dire it is okay to get money with what amounts to fraudulent claims if you don't really qualify with out someone using their pull is no different than saying committing petty crimes to eat is ok .

Old 10-06-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
there are lots of welfare related programs depending on where you live . trying to say because your personal situation is dire and it is okay is no different than saying committing petty crimes to eat is ok .
It's certainly not ok. But humans when they get desperate enough for survival they will throw morality out the door pretty quickly.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:55 AM

exactly , and that is what is happening to ssdi . my point exactly !

Old 10-06-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
exactly , and that is what is happening to ssdi . my point exactly !
I personally blame the lawmakers for allowing these "loopholes". But the politicians are increasingly finding out that handing out welfare will buy you a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement