U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 12:17 PM

1,926 posts, read 994,079 times

Advertisements

I do the thing where I put my hands on each side of my face and shift everything up but I don't like pain and risk. I guess I admire people who are braver than myself.

I don't look at myself often. Works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 02:54 PM

3,373 posts, read 3,789,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Fillers look so awful on a good number of show business people.

On some, the unattractive looks from fillers look better in 6 months or a year. (supposedly they last 6 months)

Not sure why one would want to risk looking awful from fillers. Unless maybe they think the unattractive fillers look better than their natural self.

Courtney Cox (from Friends) received so many harsh derogatory comments - her fillers really did look terrible - that she said she 'had them removed'. Maybe she had also had plates inserted in cheeks or chin.

A good number look nothing or very little like themselves after the procedures. (whether fillers or plastic surgery)

But there's always the chance that you'll be one of the lucky ones whose looks improve from the procedures.
Speaking of, anyone see Ivana Trump on CBS Sunday morning yesterday!???

Old 10-09-2017, 03:17 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,297,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Speaking of, anyone see Ivana Trump on CBS Sunday morning yesterday!???

Her lips are huge LOL

Old 10-09-2017, 10:26 PM

10,819 posts, read 8,077,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I still work, and looking good is important to what I do. Not just "good" - "young".

This is very much a personal choice. I do not condemn people who choose not to do this, but please do no judge those of us who do.
Perhaps you should make that plea to those who judge and condemn you for not looking "young"?

I have two friends who had facelifts while they were still working. They also went to great lengths to maintain a youthful hair color. Both were adamant that it wasn't about others' perceptions - it was about their own perceptions of themselves, that they needed the boost in self-confidence. That to me was a good enough reason for the procedure. If they had instead insisted that it was because others judged them, that to me would have been a cop out.

(Now they're both long retired, neither has the least interest in any further surgery.)

Old 10-09-2017, 10:29 PM

10,819 posts, read 8,077,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Mainly---they are only temporary. Why spend all that money for a temporary result? I did get them way back when, but saw no results. Same with Botox. If you already have deeply-etched forehead or frown lines, nothing is going to erase them except some stretching/tightening. Even then, it won't be total erasure. The idea of injections is scary, now in hind-sight.
Facelifts are temporary too. Any reputable cosmetic surgeon will tell you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or