U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 12:36 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,657,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
75 year old widower here. I tried Our Time. It just did not work for me. Seems the woman I would say hello to rarely replied. I think that issue was as a young, active 75 I am more interested in younger woman like in their 50's, early 60's. Maybe they thought I was to old for them. I was disappointed in the woman that replied to me. Based on their pictures alone I could see why many were alone. So bottom line is I did not appeal to woman I was interested in nor did the woman interested in me, appeal to me.
A woman in her 50s might possibly have teenage children in high school or college still living at home AND taking care of her parents. Why not try someone in the same life stage as you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 12:54 PM

9,024 posts, read 7,787,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
Ya think?
I do not see age difference being a major issue depending on the person. I know 75 year old's that are more active/with it then many 55 year old's are. I also made it clear I was not looking for marriage or even a full time lady friend and I think that worked against me but better that then mislead someone.

I do realize that age can be a major issue/number on dating sites so that is one reason I gave up versus lie, as many do. It is best to meet someone "casually" in a social environment so you can "size" each other up before proceeding. I do not even know what I am posting about dating sites. I have a much younger, casual lady friend that I am quite happy with. As she has said, if Mr right comes along for her (and I hope he does, she deserves it) then she will fix me up with one of her friends, She tells me some of her friends (and her sister) have already said, please do fix me up with him.........LOL

Last edited by johngolf; 10-08-2017 at 01:06 PM..

Old 10-08-2017, 01:08 PM

1,927 posts, read 996,247 times
Quote:
I do not see a 15 year age difference being a major issue depending on the person. I know 75 year olds that are more active/with it then many 55 year olds are.

we must know the same people because that's what they keep telling me.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:38 PM

13,907 posts, read 25,369,716 times
Quote:
I do not see a 15 year age difference being a major issue depending on the person. I know 75 year olds that are more active/with it then many 55 year olds are.
You might have more luck if you look for women your age and then weed out the ones that are not as active as you are. I always did a 10 year range, 5 up and 5 down from my age. On POF anyone can LOOK at your profile and I was amazed how many men who were too young were looking at mine. I told several I wasn't interested in seeing men who were young enough to be my children.

I believe the main motivation for acting interested in someone decades older has to be financial. Some of the young men feigning interest in me were trying to recover from divorce and find a way to live and pay child support/alimony. The bottom line was they had reasons for pursuing an older woman. Younger women who date older men also have their reasons.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:47 PM

9,024 posts, read 7,787,258 times
I admit that one thing that scares me about woman my age is also what scares me about myself and that is health. I nursed my wife through lung cancer for 5 year with the last year being rather tough. When she died, I told myself I would never put myself in that position again. Now I know one can get ill at any age but the older one gets, the more likely illness will strike .I see many of my friends in their early to mid-70's starting to slow down and aging fast. Some of them drastically so.

One of my male friends lost his wife to cancer at age 60. He met another lady his age (60 at the time) about 10 years ago and is now he is going through it with her. That scares the he!! out of me.

I do not want to end up caring for someone nor burdening them to care for me. I would want to keep it nice, polite, casual, etc. (as I am doing with my present friend) so one or both of us can walk away with no regrets if it becomes burdensome.

Not meaning to sound cruel though to some I am probably sounding such.

Last edited by johngolf; 10-08-2017 at 02:55 PM..

Old 10-08-2017, 02:58 PM

71,968 posts, read 71,997,171 times
that is why if i ever need another wife i will just pop over to the college here , ha ha ha .

hey did i tell you that you look just like my next wife . ha ha . i am just filled with great maturity and deep emotional insight . young girls like that .

my wife is reading this and cracking up .

Old 10-08-2017, 03:03 PM

13,057 posts, read 15,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What is wrong with a 73 year old woman dating a 90 year old man?

It is not a huge age difference.
17 years is not a huge age difference?

Old 10-08-2017, 03:06 PM

2,446 posts, read 2,080,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
17 years is not a huge age difference?
Well at 90, I wouldn't think dating time would be lengthy.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:11 PM

13,057 posts, read 15,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Well at 90, I wouldn't think dating time would be lengthy.

I'm kind of surprised that so many older people are interested in finding a new partner/spouse. If I ever find myself widowed, I think I would be perfectly content to spend the rest of my life single. Too hard to get used to a new person's quirks. Now if I just happened to find someone that I clicked with, I would be open to that. But no way I'd go in search of it.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:30 PM

71,968 posts, read 71,997,171 times
i am to needy to be single . google needy my photo likely come's up .

the good news is my mom wrote an instruction manual that goes with me and i can just give it to the next wife " the proper care and feeding of mathjak107"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or