U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 11:25 PM

689 posts, read 287,721 times

Advertisements

I hope you can do it! Moving is a drag but you deserve warmth for your retirement years. Best to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 11:27 PM

Happy dog, you may know this or not....I saw many homes in FL that were already furnished in retirement communities. I am unsure about Vegas. I know Bisbee does not have that option.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:51 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,709,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I agree w you it seems very wrong. This is why retired folks move to areas that are receptive to them. Alot of areas in Florida, Vegas and that cute little town, Bisbee, AZ......I don't know many that want to retire in Ohio. Lovely place. I lived in Cleveland for a semester but the winters are brutal
I moved from Portland, OR to retire on Ohio. Some winters are bad and some not so much. The main thing is I found Ohio to be much more receptive to seniors than Portland which was my reason for choosing the Cleveland area as my relocation destination.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:14 AM

2,903 posts, read 4,591,044 times
So...for everyone who wants to know, "Where is this ad?". Well, here is the source:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
It's on a local Facebook group page, which I don't feel comfortable linking. And yes, it was a lengthy, ridiculous ad. Not only what I mentioned, but they had detailed requirements of how the tenant would do yard chores and property upkeep and even tend to animals on the property. All that sounded like running a farm plus working full-time. This was a house. I also saw apartments for rent with comments of no SS renters.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:46 AM

11,951 posts, read 20,430,746 times
Closed for repair.

Reopened.

Play nice.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 10-15-2017 at 12:10 PM..

Old 10-15-2017, 03:20 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I moved from Portland, OR to retire on Ohio. Some winters are bad and some not so much. The main thing is I found Ohio to be much more receptive to seniors than Portland which was my reason for choosing the Cleveland area as my relocation destination.
For sure Portland is a youthful hipster place. My friend's Mom, did however, live in a nice mini highrise for seniors that she thought was beautiful. I hear there is a waiting list for it and in a great area of Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement