Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 535 times

Advertisements

I just registered and most of what I see are post several years old. I'm a single mother 56 with disabled Autistic son 33 years . Looking for senior apartment. We are on extreme limited income. My home with repairs is just too much for me now. So apartment is best choice for us. Looking in Central Louisiana. Wondering if Senior Housing will accept my son.
Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 08:00 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
I would guess "not".

Old 10-13-2017, 08:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
If you are looking in central Louisiana I imagine you don't have lot of support from your local city/state government--
We have lived in LA before and have friends still there
GOP government for most part and not lot of subsidy programs

You need to be talking to people in your area/city about programs--not here--
Your son has SSI doesn't he?
Is he getting any assistance from local agencies for help for you or for him?
And you are too young for "senior" housing in all likelihood-

Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times
I wonder if any ADA Laws would apply ?. Apartment in your name and a disabled son in your care.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaAaron View Post
I just registered and most of what I see are post several years old. I'm a single mother 56 with disabled Autistic son 33 years . Looking for senior apartment. We are on extreme limited income. My home with repairs is just too much for me now. So apartment is best choice for us. Looking in Central Louisiana. Wondering if Senior Housing will accept my son.
Thanks,
What do you mean by senior housing? Like a nursing home?

Or just subsidized housing? If subsidized housing, I'm sure they will let y'all get a place together. Talk to your parish housing authority. Speak to someone in your city council to get some help.

If you mean a nursing home - I've seen a whole family - husband, wife, and adult son all together in our local nursing home. Of course they all had conditions that qualified them for the help.

Good luck. Oh this was in Texas

Old 10-14-2017, 10:55 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
On the page showing the list of posts, click the title of the Last Post column. This should re-sort the list with the newest on top. May have to re-sort a few times. Also, be sure you are on page 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement