U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:07 AM

956 posts, read 3,595,544 times

Advertisements

Gemkeeper:
Yea,
But I've got to tell you, if there were wild things I certainly wouldn't be talking about them on a public forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 03:43 PM

4,728 posts, read 9,092,538 times
You are very correct, Rtom. Some things are best unspoken. Even my unspoken memories are pretty tame!

I think we traveled with similar groups of friends. Although, I joined in the peaceful protests and marches on campus, I was not one to rock the boat too much. I wanted to make a statement without hurting anyone's feelings. Continue to be pretty much the same today.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:10 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,529,576 times
I would have to say, gemkeeper, that statement describes me, also. Get mellower as I get older , also.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 PM

4,728 posts, read 9,092,538 times
I would guess that this has happened in most of our lives no matter how raucous we were in our youth. With age, hopefully, comes some wisdom.

This thread has caused me to reflect on the fact that throughout my life I was generally the peacemaker. Never one to start a fight as a kid, always ready to stick up for the underdog - even with a teacher who seemed to pick on a particular kid in class, always anxious to find a solution to end a quarrel between a couple of friends, ready to pick up a stick but not really willing to swing it.

I have taken that road throughout my life. Maybe it is a part and parcel of being a middle child. Any other middle children who notice this trait in themselves?

Are you a middle child, nancy thereader?

Old 05-01-2008, 03:55 PM

8,236 posts, read 18,529,576 times
No, gemkeeper ~~~ I am the older child (of two). But, for many other reasons, I was always the peacemaker in my family. I hate any conflicts and avoid them at all costs although I certainly did protest the War in Vietnam and would do so now if there were any groups to protest with. Usually, though I tend to be too much the agreeable one , never making waves.

Any plans for your retirement yet?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement