Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 AM

17,278 posts, read 11,138,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
This is the third thread started on this forum regarding “conservatives” which once again all it does is to turn out into another silly us vs them BS prevalent on the political forum. It is not just the liberals taking the bait as you stated but if you read thru them it also brings the conservatives taking the bait.
As I stated before these threads have no room in this forum because all they are there for is to lead to the name calling and that’s not just by one side.
True, but any thread that starts out by asking 'Why do conservatives do this or that' or "Why do conservatives think this way or that way' is an obvious invitation for people to start bashing with politics in mind.
Do you notice there aren't any threads started about liberals asking the same questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 07:08 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,083,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
True, but any thread that starts out by asking 'Why do conservatives do this or that' or "Why do conservatives think this way or that way' is an obvious invitation for people to start bashing with politics in mind.
Do you notice there aren't any threads started about liberals asking the same questions?
Hmmm and did you notice that the original poster was not a “ liberal”. Face it both sides have the I’m better than you crowd. As I said I see a pattern by these threads and their purpose on this board.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:13 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,206,755 times
Quote:
Hmmm and did you notice that the original poster was not a “ liberal”. Face it both sides have the I’m better than you crowd. As I said I see a pattern by these threads and their purpose on this board.
I’m thinking that the OP, who has not posted since opening the thread, is not a liberal or a conservative but a troll.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:16 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,083,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I’m thinking that the OP, who has not posted since opening the thread, is not a liberal or a conservative but a troll.
I would agree and it worked. Two threads that led to same BS

Old 12-26-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I would agree and it worked. Two threads that led to same BS
We can all agree on this.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:51 AM

8,660 posts, read 22,825,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Just out of curiosity, and an obvious need to type a bunch of stuff, can someone point out the "liberal" topics from this month's magazine entire table of contents?

Ann Curry...Her PBS show reunites long-lost loved ones

Get Rockettes Fit...Tips for staying limber

Style Alert...Need a smart gift? Ruanas and Vests

Creating Tonya...Allison Janney portrays a skater's mean mom

The Milkman is Back...A new old grocery trend

ID that Cough...Match up symptoms to find a fix

Secrets of Happiness...A Zen priest leads the way to contentment

Inflammation Relief...Locate your pain point...

Financial Checkup...Ask yourself these questions to determine your financial health

Perils of Caregiving...Caregivers mustn't lose sight of their own finances

The Joy of Octavia Spencer...After years of bit roles...

Tech to the Rescue...New gadgets and gizmos...

What Now Coach?...Top athletes share their coaches best advice

Medical Murder Mystery....Who or what killed Devon Black...

Followed by 4 stories or essays by a retired cop, a chef, a sculpter, and a sweet shop owner reflecting on their lives, a crossword puzzle, a short article about living to 100 years old, a 50th birthday interview with Jamie Foxx.

If you actually haven't read the magazine or newsletters and are taking your opinions from something you heard on TV or a radio talk show, maybe you should check it out and form your own opinion. If you have, well have a nice day, we'll just agree to disagree.
Duh, the magazine has nothing to do where they send their millions of "donations" from membership. Perhaps this will help:
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...726&cycle=2016

Dark secrets of AARP finally exposed to light

Old 12-26-2017, 09:22 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,206,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Duh, the magazine has nothing to do where they send their millions of "donations" from membership. Perhaps this will help:
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...726&cycle=2016

Dark secrets of AARP finally exposed to light
LOL . WingNutDaily (oops WorldNetDaily)? This is the same “news” source which offered an expose on how soybeans are turning our children gay: Soy is making kids ‘gay’

Old 12-26-2017, 09:29 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,531,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I agree. There are two other threads started by the same OP in which she has never been back except once in the first day. One is about a name change and the other is about breast augmentation.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Because he's been convinced--likely by Fox News--that the AARP is a "leftist" organization, which is so ridiculous it barely merits mentioning. But today's "conservative" is not like the true conservatives of before: any organization that in any way stands to protect people is de facto the result of some "liberal" or "leftist" conspiracy. There are very few true conservatives left; most today are just right-wing conspiracy theorists, led like sheep to slaughter by the GOP.
And this is the same open minded progressive liberal person who on election night wished the people of Michigan would go to hell for helping to elect Trump.

"Thanks, Michigan. Too bad Obama saved your sorry a$$, when the Republicans were ready to let you fall into a sinkhole. As far as I'm concerned, you can go straight to h*ll."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement