U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 02:40 AM

219 posts, read 132,642 times

Advertisements

I got an MRI and the technician wouldn’t help me out of the machine until I insisted. I am talking giving a steady hand. No lifting of any kind. What is it with these younger medical professionals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 06:42 AM

2,542 posts, read 1,837,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't find this funny or entertaining or cute? I was born to an older mother, whose friends and sisters were older as well, my 2 sisters as well as my cousins were all older, so I was mature for my age when I was young and always was "older" in my thoughts and attitudes. I never liked males my own age as they were so immature. I was "older" even as a teenager.

At 27 I was with my husband for a decade, had a 5 year old, a house, a job, all the trappings of adulthood. I find her comment immature and thoughtless. But given her age/generation, I am not surprised.
You forgot "get off my lawn!!"

Old 01-01-2018, 06:54 AM

649 posts, read 555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
They say the most awful things.

I remember getting an xray and the young thing said, "Oh, your hands look just like my mother's."

Gee, thanks. I'm sure she didn't mean that my nails were manicured because they weren't. She meant a few of my fingers were bent from arthritis.

Anyone got a good come back?

(I almost want to say, "Yep, they got that way from slapping stupid faces like yours!)
A couple of replies come to mind..

First would be, Isn't it great what you have to look forward too...

Second is, Someday you will be me, and you have no choice in that...

Old 01-01-2018, 07:21 AM

7,110 posts, read 3,475,109 times
Well......it IS where the old people go. One reason I will never go THERE. I don't like discrimination of any kind, including age discrimination. Living in a real neighborhood with various family units of various ages makes life more full.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:03 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,524,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
They say the most awful things.

I remember getting an xray and the young thing said, "Oh, your hands look just like my mother's."

Gee, thanks. I'm sure she didn't mean that my nails were manicured because they weren't. She meant a few of my fingers were bent from arthritis.

Anyone got a good come back?

(I almost want to say, "Yep, they got that way from slapping stupid faces like yours!)
I just consider the source, smile and let it go. If I say anything at all it's a gentle, "Just wait!"

Old 01-01-2018, 08:17 AM

1,343 posts, read 657,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
No you didn't. It is very easy to change your address and to order checks online.
It`s something old people do.....reminds me of the Seinfeld show, when Jerry`s grandmother had to set her alarm clock for 6am, so she could get to the bank when it opened

Old 01-01-2018, 08:34 AM

2,811 posts, read 942,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipollinaj View Post
Do you notice,
the closer we get to the age
of what we used to call " old people "
the less we call them.... " old people "
I am almost 60 and old.
My wife, however, is over 60 and not old

Old 01-01-2018, 09:07 AM

13,826 posts, read 18,828,204 times
well I'm 57 ad because some of my hair is already turning grey some of these milenial generation think I am older than what I am and the tellers at the bank especially . One was saying just the other day "Oh it is almost close to your birthday guess you are not looking forward to that " , I told her Oh on the contrary I am looking forward to it because I just love cake " and I smiled and walked away . I find that incredibly rude for younger people and also to mention like another poster did yes I have run into young supposedly medical professionals that offer no assistance as well . But it seems as those in their 30s treat me far better when I'm having tests run especially mris and cat scans .

Old 01-01-2018, 09:13 AM

588 posts, read 345,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
It`s something old people do.....reminds me of the Seinfeld show, when Jerry`s grandmother had to set her alarm clock for 6am, so she could get to the bank when it opened
I tried to order checks on line but the bank has a new security feature that if you have to change your address AND order checks you got to show ID

Makes sense.

I hadn't ordered checks in three years. Many addresses ago. I only had one left so I made a guest appearance. Oh yea, I had to get some cash too. I don't do ATMs. I guess it must be an old person thing. I just hate paying a convenience fee.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:16 AM

4,690 posts, read 3,261,742 times
in-newengland: My first thought would be to say, "she must be a hard worker." Or something to that effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or