U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 06:00 PM

2,601 posts, read 1,231,521 times

Advertisements

It is 18 degrees here with a wind chill of 3 degrees. There is light snow still on the ground from last night. It's not supposed to get above freezing here until Wednesday.

My husband and I are staying home tonight. We never go out on New Year's Eve due to the drunks on the roads. We will be here making nachos in just a bit and drinking wine. My husband has been working on a one thousand piece puzzle most of the day and almost has it finished. I've been reading, napping, and watching Twilight Zone on TV.

Happy New Year to one and all. I wish for peace and contentment for each of us in 2018.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 06:05 PM

6,316 posts, read 5,058,385 times
It is 38 here and it is too cold for us. This isn't normal. So staying home.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:14 PM

26 posts, read 10,833 times
Nope! Doing my favorite thing tonight...sitting home in the peace and quiet with my cat while reading. Also bought some really good foods as a treat and rented a couple good movies (which I rarely do).

Been there/done that in my younger years as far as going out is concerned. No interest in that anymore. Besides, it's going to be 21 below zero here tonight.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:14 PM
JRR

3,679 posts, read 2,227,048 times
It is 18 degrees here and heading down below 10 tonight. Chicken wings will be out of the oven in a few minutes. No desire at all for us to go out tonight. High tomorrow is predicted to be 19 degrees; great day for watching football (Go UCF)!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:31 PM

1,574 posts, read 581,532 times
Just a quiet night here! Watched the NFL [Cards won - yay!]and now Hubby is asleep on the couch beside me. We are babysitting a munchkin grandchild, too. Pleasant weather here, but warm for this time of the year. There is a huge event in Tempe and it will be packed with people, I'm sure. No interest in going and being a part of a huge crowd....

I hope we don't have too many fireworks being shot off -- it spooks our dogs.

Enjoy your evenings, everyone, and be safe!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:41 PM

2,434 posts, read 1,669,408 times
It’s 61 degrees in SWFL with neighborhood fireworks going on. It was a beautiful day, sunny and 70, but tomorrow brings the cold front down here with temps barely making it into the sixties for the week. I may have to turn on the heat, the first time in three years.

The other grandparents invited us over to celebrate, they are having friends and family in for food @nd drinks. They are English and watching the NYE celebration in London so they don’t have to stay up until midnight.

We are staying home though, I’m under the weather, finally succumbing to the sore throat and cough every one else had the last two weeks, I thought I had escaped it, but no. We are taking turns picking out movies to watch.

I just need to remember to put the black eyed peas in water to soak overnight before turning in. Our family tradition was to bring in the New Year humbly with a pot of beans for prosperity in the coming year. My parents made navy beans and I make Hoppin’ John with the blacked eyed peas.

Happy New Year to all!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:51 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,763,943 times
Sitting on the couch, next to DH, in my jammies, with the kitty in my lap. Ahhhh.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:01 PM

11,090 posts, read 12,475,857 times
I don't go out on amateur night so no. I had to work every New Years Eve for 30 years since I retired I have zero desire to play bumper cars with drunks.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:16 PM

39,547 posts, read 47,744,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I don't go out on amateur night so no. I had to work every New Years Eve for 30 years since I retired I have zero desire to play bumper cars with drunks.
^^Same here. "Happy New Year" to all, may it be the best one.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:21 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,812,119 times
We went to the movie and diner(its in the movies) and saw Murder on the orient Express. Now we’ll watch another movie at home, and then probably to bed before midnight.

Next year, we might be in Mass with my son and daughter. or we might go to the Atlanticside for a big bash if we can find another couple to go with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or