U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:26 PM

378 posts, read 226,531 times

Advertisements

Why is a 16 year old wasting his time writing in the RETIREMENT section? Haaaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM

2,533 posts, read 951,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
Why is a 16 year old wasting his time writing in the RETIREMENT section? Haaaaaaa
Where was that please?

Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 PM

28,237 posts, read 39,879,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Where was that please?
First post. And I'm lmbo over that comment!

Old 01-03-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
First post. And I'm lmbo over that comment!
Oh, I see. Did the post above ours ^^^^^ get stuck on the first words, and not progress further?

I had to look up Imbo. I don't think it's #'s 3, or 4, lol. At least I hope not.

IMBO In My Biased Opinion
IMBO In My Brazen Opinion
IMBO Inoperable Malignant Bowel Obstruction
IMBO Intel Management By Objectives
IMBO I Might Be Objective

Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 PM

628 posts, read 402,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I still feel quite young and all is fine until I look in the mirror!!
I still look fine when I look in the mirror.....so long as I take my glasses off first.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:12 PM

28,237 posts, read 39,879,137 times
Quote:
Oh, I see. Did the post above ours ^^^^^ get stuck on the first words, and not progress further?

I had to look up Imbo. I don't think it's #'s 3, or 4, lol. At least I hope not.

IMBO In My Biased Opinion
IMBO In My Brazen Opinion
IMBO Inoperable Malignant Bowel Obstruction
IMBO Intel Management By Objectives
IMBO I Might Be Objective
In caps this time. Should have not done lowercase.

LMBO

Not sure what the post above ours comment refers to. Help?

Old 01-03-2018, 09:04 PM

22 posts, read 11,201 times
When I was young, I worked out a lot. Physical fitness was an obsession (and still is), and by any measure, I was in better shape than 99% of the population. It was hard work, and it took dedication. I used to look at people in hover-rounds, obese people, people who could barely walk, and think they did it to themselves. They didn't take care of themselves. Old age doesn't have to be that way. How could I ever go from being in tip top form to one day hobbling with a cane if I continued on my path of health and exercise?

And then I got older. I didn't stop exercising, and I didn't get fat. Sometime around my late 30's I started experiencing joint pain that would cut workouts short and nag me throughout the day. Athritis crept in at 40, and a couple of slipped disc incidents had me walking at a 90 degree angle. While those things go more often than they come, I now realize that as I age it will only get worse. I'm already taking supplements and eating a diet rich in anti-oxidants and with anti-inflammatory properties, but even with all of that, age does happen. I still look great for my age, but at some point, sooner or later, that fades too.

While I do believe many people have created their own "old age" earlier than it need be, things outside of your control can and do keep you from your youthful high point, no matter how much you fight it. There is an arrogance that comes with youth, even the most well intended souls. For those I may have thought negatively of when I was that age, I apologize. I am now you. And I am hoping the youth of today judges me fairly.

I spent the first half of my working career working towards retirement. The latter half of that same career has been delaying and dreading retirement. I enjoy working, creating, developing, and being a part of something that has meaning. I will, for lack of a better description, go to the "home" kicking and screaming. I'll be that guy that doesn't know when to stop driving. Ahh, he knows, that guy. I'll know, too. But I'll pretend I don't and keep doing it until they take away my keys.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
In caps this time. Should have not done lowercase.

LMBO

Not sure what the post above ours comment refers to. Help?
Ohhh, well caps changes the meaning entirely . I'm with you on that. Plus I'm getting sleepy which doesn't help me grasp things quickly.

"SlowDude" has a Master's Degree in Educational Administration, his profile says. That must mean his reading comprehension should be right up there. Maybe he will answer back eventually to clear up the mystery. It's not like your op was difficult to understand. If I could get it anybody could, lol.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:16 PM

8,612 posts, read 9,676,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, I guess that beats looking in the mirror and wondering "Who IS that old f@rt (or fartress, in my case), and why in he!! do we keep that ugly old picture around?

I want to know who the heck she is and, if she lives here, why isn't she doing HER share of all the work around here????

Old 01-03-2018, 10:44 PM

17,374 posts, read 21,223,392 times
Quote:
It really does work wonderfully for pain. It doesn't remove it completely, but kind of lifts you gently away from it, disengages you. Kind of hard to describe. Last year in Wa I was able to walk, and finish the Olympic Discovery Trail Marathon, 10k portion, Trolls Gone Wild 10k, and the Port Townsend Rhody Run 12k . So you can still do stuff while on your meds.

After stupidly moving from a legal state (Wa) to one where it isn't legal (NC, crazy divorce) I have been suffering greatly. I've had 24/7 body wide pain for about 21 yrs. Legal mj was my only respite. So I've been seeing if there was a way to move back. Difficult on a fixed income.

Smoke a little for me if you will .
I'm still working 3 nights a week at a Long-Term Rehab facility, and last week I went to the Pot Store and bought some Cheba Chews for pain. I was under the impression there were no side effect, thinking it might be like Ibuprofen X 8. Lo and behold, I took a little chew, at work, and I could hardly function the rest of the night. I took the chew at 11, and by 5am, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to drive my car home, but at 6am, I felt confidant to drive the car, using side streets. It says it doesn't activate for 2 hours after you chew it, but I didn't get any pain relief during work, but I was quite pain free the next day up to a point.

Best to take this stuff before you go to sleep at night.

A co-worker told me that she buy the cannabis based cough syrup, which she says is as good as the chewables, but she warns me not to take it at work, only at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or