U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 03:54 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,423,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
The cemetery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtm100912 View Post
Now THERE's an idea!

I can dig that idea as well!

But some people say that that would be a grave decision on her part.

I know that she's just dying to go there.

But I hear it ain't so cheap. She'll have to be coffin up alot of money (oops, I meant "coughin' up").

Some of you aren't laughing at these lines. C'mon, don't be so stiff!

I know! I know! . . . I ought to be stoned for these lines!

People keep telling me I should be locked up in a punitentiary . . . where I should be severely punished!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 03:54 PM

1,568 posts, read 2,747,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Because of the way that lady is dressed bottom center I was thinking India, or maybe Pakistan, or non of the above, lol. There is another lady to the right, and slightly above that who has her head covered next to a man, and two boys with her that may be muslim. But I honestly have no idea. Maybe ponytrekker will clue us in.

I just right clicked on the photo, and did a "save image as" like I was saving that photo to my computer, and the photo caption said Dharavi plus the # of the photo. Then I did a search for Dharavi, and came up with the following.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharavi
ding. ding.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:53 PM

2,533 posts, read 951,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
ding. ding.
Thank you . Sometimes my one brain cell works, and sometimes it doesn't. I lucked out this time, lol. That link made for an interesting read.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:33 PM

3,686 posts, read 1,866,292 times
Quote:
I was looking on another thread where someone was praising that area and it sounds intriguing. I also followed the little yellow Google man around on the streetview map when I was in my Georgia O'Keefe phase and wanted to see the area she had lived and painted. So yeah, sounds nice. But for me, coming from the forest in the northeast, I imagine it would be quite an adjustment living in the desert. I know that just driving through, it wasn't my favorite. I haven't spent any considerable amount of time there, though.

Lots of cheap apartments in Santa Fe.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I used to enjoy browsing the places for rent in Santa Fe on craigslist. It was fun to look at the photos for the cute little casitas, and the rest of them too. Good daydreaming material. If I can't actually go anywhere at least a virtual tour is the next best thing . But I wouldn't really call them "cheap".

https://santafe.craigslist.org/

----------------------

Last edited by mlulu23; 01-07-2018 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-07-2018, 07:21 PM

13,877 posts, read 7,391,112 times
Quote:
Iíve only ever looked at single family home prices. Itís relatively expensive. Is this sarcasm or are there really inexpensive rentals in Santa Fe?

Old 01-07-2018, 08:43 PM

3,686 posts, read 1,866,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I used to enjoy browsing the places for rent in Santa Fe on craigslist. It was fun to look at the photos for the cute little casitas, and the rest of them too. Good daydreaming material. If I can't actually go anywhere at least a virtual tour is the next best thing . But I wouldn't really call them "cheap".

https://santafe.craigslist.org/

----------------------
Compared to the average 1200-1700 here in Fort Worth, TX they are really reasonable. Anything on S. Cerellios Road may have some security issues.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Compared to the average 1200-1700 here in Fort Worth, TX they are really reasonable. Anything on S. Cerellios Road may have some security issues.
Yeah, I guess it's all relative, price wise . I do so love the Spanish influence, tiled roofs, walled gardens, and adobe, and all the rest of it. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied looking at pictures.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:21 AM

4,375 posts, read 1,663,688 times
Quote:
Noooo! I didn't say "no money" I have money. I said, "very little money"

But I may look up that $500/mo deal in Antigua-Atitlan in Guatemala
There I go, reading those darn thread titles again.

$500 a month in Antigua would probably mean a homestay, arranged through a language school, and you can arrange to stay there even if no longer enrolled in the school. You could certainly do it easily at Lake Atitlan. But once you knew the ropes in Antigua, you could rent an apartment for a couple hundred, and after simple market food, what else do you need?

If $500 was all you had, you'd find a way to do it. But your money would go a lot farther outside Antrigua. First time I was in Antigua was 1963, you could probably live there for a dollar a day. Its gotten pretty noisy since then. Even as recently as 1991, there were a couple of cafes that didn't close until 8pm, and then that was it. Then McD and the discos came.

Last edited by cebuan; 01-08-2018 at 12:44 AM..

Old 01-08-2018, 12:42 AM

121 posts, read 63,575 times
Parts of cheaper Colorado are FAR from charming for a female alone. Is kind of the dirty secret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or