U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 01:21 PM

23,402 posts, read 28,242,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And supplements don't kill people as with pharma drug and interactions. Nor any of the side effects people deal with from the drugs and long list of possible side effects. I've been there, family members too.
Supplements can and do kill people. It often gets reported to poison control rather than the FDA, though.

In addition, people who refuse effective medical treatments in favor of supplements and subsequently die should rightly be deaths blamed on supplements.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kratom-...-injury-death/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...th-090414.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 01:25 PM

7,979 posts, read 11,657,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I am terrified of getting shingles again and I am grateful to the mfg that who figured out how to make those little vaccine turbochargers. But, being the gentleman that I am, I volunteer to get in front of you in the line and get my vaccine first.
And I appreciate that! I want to wait till I hear how it goes for the guinea pigs. Spent 24 years being a guinea pig in the military, got a shot every week it seemed like including swine flu and anthrax. Happy to let others move forward in line.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:34 PM

23,691 posts, read 8,235,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Supplements can and do kill people. It often gets reported to poison control rather than the FDA, though.

In addition, people who refuse effective medical treatments in favor of supplements and subsequently die should rightly be deaths blamed on supplements.

Millions die from pharma drug interactions annually. A family member was on life support from all the drugs a doctor had her on. Today, she is well, thank goodness, and does all in her power to NOT put a pharma drug in her body.

On that Kratom that's a whole other thing, I looked at it, even bought a small amount and decided to not take it, threw it away.

How many died from Vit C and Vit D -- SQ.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:51 PM

1,813 posts, read 1,137,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
And I appreciate that! I want to wait till I hear how it goes for the guinea pigs. Spent 24 years being a guinea pig in the military, got a shot every week it seemed like including swine flu and anthrax. Happy to let others move forward in line.
I went into the Army at Fort Polk Louisiana in 1968. I would love to tell stories regarding standing in very, very long lines that we had to stand in to get our shots. It was outdoors in the blazing sun and it was one long line, up and down the hills. I can still see it, we were in our t shirts, the line slowly moving forward. I watched all those people in front of me. I saw who acted like complete and total fools and who did not. If I told you, I would probably be kicked off this forum.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:56 PM

1,813 posts, read 1,137,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Suzy Q, I have been mightily impressed with everything I have seen you say in this thread. Very impressive. Thank you for posting!

Old 01-07-2018, 02:04 PM

1,183 posts, read 760,467 times
Quote:
Millions die from pharma drug interactions annually. A family member was on life support from all the drugs a doctor had her on. Today, she is well, thank goodness, and does all in her power to NOT put a pharma drug in her body.

On that Kratom that's a whole other thing, I looked at it, even bought a small amount and decided to not take it, threw it away.

no, millions do not die from interactions annually

Old 01-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:

No, millions do not die from pharma drug interactions annually.

And millions of people are not on life support or dead because of prescription drugs that prevented dangerous conditions or treated them before the patient landed in the ICU. .

Too much vitamin C can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Since it is water soluble, excess is excreted. You are unlikely to die from it.

Too much vitamin D can cause elevated levels of calcium in the blood. That can be potentially fatal. Vitamin D is fat soluble and is stored. Excess amounts accumulate.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Suzy Q, I have been mightily impressed with everything I have seen you say in this thread. Very impressive. Thank you for posting!
You are welcome!

Old 01-07-2018, 02:58 PM

295 posts, read 149,075 times
Default ...can be debilitating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
You should be very concerned. I had it and you don't want it.
Amen to that. Per an earlier post, you do not get shingles again. You get shingles one time and it is yours for the rest of your life. You do get outbreaks after shingles initially sets in. And as Southern man said, it is no fun.
Fortunately for me, a nurse recognized my condition for what it was and we were able to deal with it effectively within the 72-hour window. Now when I get an outbreak it is so mild I do not recognize it until it is nearly over.
There is a lot to this that I cannot effectively explain in a short post. Read up on it. Especially as you near the age of 50. Once shingles hits, you own it.
Very worthy thread.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:00 PM

23,691 posts, read 8,235,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
no, millions do not die from interactions annually
Guess my numbers were high. Get my millions and thousands mixed up with all the data and facts and stats we're given.

https://www.alternet.org/story/14731...anies_get_rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or