U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 03:01 PM

15,224 posts, read 8,518,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLackland View Post
Amen to that. Per an earlier post, you do not get shingles again. You get shingles one time and it is yours for the rest of your life. You do get outbreaks after having shingles initially sets in. And as Southern man said, it is no fun.
Fortunately for me, a nurse recognized my condition for what it was and we were able to deal with it effectively within the 72-hour window. Now when I get an outbreak it is so mild I do not recognize it until it is nearly over.
There is a lot to this that I cannot effectively explain in a short post. Read up on it. Especially as you near the age of 50. Once shingles hits, you own it.
Very worthy thread.
I keep hearing of folks in their 50's getting it and wanted to get the old (current) vaccine but of course insurance won't pay until you're 60. Now that the new vaccine is coming out and is recommended for 50+ I really want it...but not sure how many months before the insurance companies decide to cover it and it's "on the shelf".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 03:02 PM

23,718 posts, read 8,243,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, millions do not die from pharma drug interactions annually.

And millions of people are not on life support or dead because of prescription drugs that prevented dangerous conditions or treated them before the patient landed in the ICU. .

Too much vitamin C can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Since it is water soluble, excess is excreted. You are unlikely to die from it.

Too much vitamin D can cause elevated levels of calcium in the blood. That can be potentially fatal. Vitamin D is fat soluble and is stored. Excess amounts accumulate.
If I got what you say about Vit C and Vit D, I'd be about dead.

As far as vaccines, mine is in the form of a capsule, costs me about $10 for a couple months and keeps my Immune System strong, and yes, that dreaded grape seed extract, darn those deadly grapes.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:41 PM

15,224 posts, read 8,518,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Guess my numbers were high. Get my millions and thousands mixed up with all the data and facts and stats we're given.

https://www.alternet.org/story/14731...anies_get_rich
Well, a million is a thousand thousands so that's a pretty huge error to make - you can't blame people when they catch you on something as big as that. If you don't KNOW something then why say it?

Old 01-07-2018, 03:57 PM

5,423 posts, read 2,339,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Well, a million is a thousand thousands so that's a pretty huge error to make - you can't blame people when they catch you on something as big as that. If you don't KNOW something then why say it?
It's pointless with that poster...she is NEVER wrong & has 1001 family members, friends and neighbors that have died, died twice, are almost dead, on life support, are shut-ins, not getting rehab, have had every disease under the sun and are being murdered on the regular by PHARMA and anyone in the medical field.

ALL were miraculously cured by grape send extract.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:06 PM

23,407 posts, read 28,249,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLackland View Post
Amen to that. Per an earlier post, you do not get shingles again. You get shingles one time and it is yours for the rest of your life. You do get outbreaks after shingles initially sets in. And as Southern man said, it is no fun.
Fortunately for me, a nurse recognized my condition for what it was and we were able to deal with it effectively within the 72-hour window. Now when I get an outbreak it is so mild I do not recognize it until it is nearly over.
There is a lot to this that I cannot effectively explain in a short post. Read up on it. Especially as you near the age of 50. Once shingles hits, you own it.
Very worthy thread.
Once you get the chickenpox virus it is there for life. You may or may not get shingles, and you may or may not get shingles more than once.

Quote:
Guess my numbers were high. Get my millions and thousands mixed up with all the data and facts and stats we're given.

https://www.alternet.org/story/14731...anies_get_rich
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/are...th-in-the-u-s/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/red...e-drug-events/

Old 01-07-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Because I'm not as PERFECCCCCCCCT as you SQ....

Some here love to bring people down with their perfection so called issues.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
It's pointless with that poster...she is NEVER wrong & has 1001 family members, friends and neighbors that have died, died twice, are almost dead, on life support, are shut-ins, not getting rehab, have had every disease under the sun and are being murdered on the regular by PHARMA and anyone in the medical field.

Having FUN?

Get your vaccines....why even consider Prevention and taking care of your own health?

Old 01-07-2018, 04:15 PM

8,195 posts, read 11,908,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post

Don't forget Lysine.

On a related matter, I have yet to hear from any of these anti-vaccine, anti-pharmacology posters how they account for the fact that prior to the development of these drugs and vaccines, not only thousands, and not only millions, but tens of millions of people would die due to diseases and epidemics that would run rampant through the world's population.

For some unknown reason, I'm reminded of three monkeys with their hands over their ears, eyes, and mouths.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
My memory is probably not as KEEN as your's..how does that sound. Perfect I'm NOT. Healthy YES....

Make sure to catch everything I say, do all to find the imperfections.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:20 PM

23,407 posts, read 28,249,973 times
Quote:
Because I'm not as PERFECCCCCCCCT as you SQ....

Some here love to bring people down with their perfection so called issues.
I am not the one you replied to with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or