U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 05:31 PM

8,080 posts, read 13,473,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
My/our lives are nowhere near organized.
It's hard to get a reluctant OH to share the housework, cooking, and cleaning. Sorry !!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 06:06 PM

6,334 posts, read 5,072,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
My/our lives are nowhere near organized.

A big part of the problem is work schedules. My OH has,daily steady hous,from job1, but job two hours can be any morning of the week, from 2 days to 6 days that week. My work is supposed to be 2 nite shifts 4-12midnight, and one day 8-4 shift, but those days can change as well as whether I'm working first or second.

We are definitely morning people, my OH gets,up at 3 am to file reports for job 1, then get ready to be at job 2 at 7am.i haven't been able to adapt well to working til midnight, so my schedule gets screwed up and some times I sleep all the next day so my days and nights get mixed up.

Clothes, well we do have too many. I used to just give to salvation army, but now trying to sell on CL. Just a few bucks, but not much luck. I've lost 50 pounds and 9 " off my waist last year, so I'm digging out older non fitting clothes to see if I have a few or need to buy new.

We both are responsible for dirtyinh the house, but somehow my OH never does anything and it all falls to me. My OH is am adult, so should be no problem to pick up after ones self, or share doing the dishes. I do all the cooking, so for me my OH should do clean up. Having cooked in restaurants, I don't don't just sling mac and cheese or hotdogs. I cook gourmet style. So often it befalls to me to do all housework. My OH is even lazy at mowi g lawn so I huff and puff through it with my heart condition. We are both responsible, so we should be sharing the workload. But *sigh *. My OH had a devastating illness as a child so all mother'sfamily in particular doted on my OH, and my OH didn't have to lift a finger and want ed for nothing. The illness is long gone but my OH still some times acts like a wounded wing bird. Sorry that doesn't cut it with me. Heck my OH s mother used to iron underwear. And put it all away for my oh. I iron nothing, lol. And i leave a pile of my OH s clothes until my OH puts them away. I'm not a slave, I'm a PARTNER.

I also pay all the bills from our joint accounts and handle all finances. My OH doesn't care just want a to know the bills are paid. So when we are short as our hours got cut back for winter, I'm the one who bears the heartache of juggling bills. In good times it's not so much a burdonbut lean times are tough.

My OH abhors shopping, so guess who does it all?

So no my life is not simple. I can't exactly streamline without cooperation.

Wish it was that simple to organize and streamline.
BUT without that treasured cooperation, it'll never be streamlined.

*sigh* ( grits teeth) it could be worse I guess.
would getting a more regular work schedule help?
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or