U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:02 AM

1,000 posts, read 388,231 times

Advertisements

Yep.... another summer has come and gone. Rosa gave us quite a bit of rain in the metro area and that really helped with temps. This was my 20+ year in the desert and for all practical purposes, I've lived in this state longer than anywhere else, including where we were raised. The next nine months will be almost pure bliss as we'll be the weather-wise-envy of those who suffer 'winter'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 08:28 AM

4,978 posts, read 3,464,691 times
Tij, I don't understand your question about the proximity to Mexico.

K7, yes! The really good weather starts now. Last year was wonderful. It was so nice to be away from the cold and snow. So, so glad I moved here.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:15 PM

8,621 posts, read 9,689,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
Yep.... another summer has come and gone. Rosa gave us quite a bit of rain in the metro area and that really helped with temps. This was my 20+ year in the desert and for all practical purposes, I've lived in this state longer than anywhere else, including where we were raised. The next nine months will be almost pure bliss as we'll be the weather-wise-envy of those who suffer 'winter'.

By the end of this month they'll all be coming to visit!

We didn't have any stormy weather up here. We got cheated! lol

Old 10-04-2018, 12:58 PM

I've got relatives threatening, ur, promising to visit in January. We'll see.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:07 PM

1,321 posts, read 836,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Hey Deelighted, I love in CW and we get no snow as a rule. Sedona does though. Do you mind sharing what town you are in? I LOVE Cochise County and think about relocating but can never seem to pull the trigger.

Hello adventuregurl I live in the very small town of Huachuca City which is about 15 minutes from the shopping in Sierra Vista.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:22 PM

17,412 posts, read 21,254,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Tij, I don't understand your question about the proximity to Mexico.
2 weeks ago, I drove to Nogales, MX, bought 2 pair of prescription sunglasses, 2 pair for $100! Also got my teeth cleaned and bought some Combivent ($31 compared to $300) and not wanting to go to a Pain Management Clinic to see if I was qualified for any pain meds. I got a script from a Dr. (charged me $3.50) and I got my pain meds. I rarely use them, if ever, but I want them around in case things get worse or I have a painful day. Also bought some outside art work for my mobile home. I'm finding out any number of seniors in my mobile home community go south for their medications and dental work.

Among the reasons I moved to Tucson. Proximity to Mexico!

Old 10-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I've got relatives threatening, ur, promising to visit in January. We'll see.
Being I still smoke, not much, and all my relatives don't smoke, or have quit, to deter them from visiting I tell then (a lie) I still smoke in my house.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
2 weeks ago, I drove to Nogales, MX, bought 2 pair of prescription sunglasses, 2 pair for $100! Also got my teeth cleaned and bought some Combivent ($31 compared to $300) and not wanting to go to a Pain Management Clinic to see if I was qualified for any pain meds. I got a script from a Dr. (charged me $3.50) and I got my pain meds. I rarely use them, if ever, but I want them around in case things get worse or I have a painful day. Also bought some outside art work for my mobile home. I'm finding out any number of seniors in my mobile home community go south for their medications and dental work.

Among the reasons I moved to Tucson. Proximity to Mexico!
I'll have to check it out one of these days. I never have gotten a passport as I haven't traveled outside the US. I'll have to get one. I don't have many medications but have been out of my pain ones for quite some time. I try to do without but sometimes, especially if I do too much, the back pain lays me up the next day.

I do need artwork though. I left all my pictures in Minnesota because I want an Arizona or desert theme. My pictures were all ocean and water themes and I thought I would miss being around water too much.

Thanks for the insight and information.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 PM

Despite the scaremongers. you Do Not need a passport to get in and out of a Mexican Border town. if fearful, ask a Customs Agent before entering and tell them: I don't have a Passport, will this be a problem in re-entering Arizona?

I do have a Passport, but I've asked a number of times: What If I had forgotten my Passport at home?

Answer: No problema!

I've stood in line in Nogales and ran into a number of people who cross frequently, with no Passport.

I had Sierra Vista and Sahuarita mixed up, I thought you lived in Sahuarita, and if that was the case I'd pick you up on my next trip down there. I'm from MN too! Rochester area!

Old 10-05-2018, 04:04 PM

4,060 posts, read 9,118,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
Hello adventuregurl I live in the very small town of Huachuca City which is about 15 minutes from the shopping in Sierra Vista.
Thanks Deelighted, I need to take a trip down there, I've just been to Benson, Toombstone, St. Davids (I think it was), Patagonia, Bisbee and Nogales. I do like your climate better than the Verde Valley.

Do you still love it? Are rentals still reasonable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or