U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 06:16 PM

4,962 posts, read 3,452,717 times

Advertisements

Looking out the window, as I do every sunrise & sunset, I always have to catch my breath at the beauty.

I haven't spent a summer here yet & this may be one way of reminding myself how wonderful it feels to be here, when it's so cold & snowy in Minnesota, where I came from.

I'm just glad I'm here & the coldest I've gotten so far is the need to wear a sweatshirt in the morning & evening.

When I think back on the decision progress & the procrastination process I went through & how it took two major falls last winter for me to make the decision to move to a warmer climate, well, I'm still amazed I did it.

But so very glad I did! And I want each & every one of you to make me remember & eat those words when it gets hot here, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 06:20 PM

14,220 posts, read 44,887,015 times
Well, I for one would think about living in AZ, but would not even consider MN. Although. In Phoenix anyway, in the summer, yeah, it does get hot. Maybe I should put that HOT. But if you are retired, you can stay out of the worst of the heat.

Glad you made the move, and glad you like how it's turning out.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:36 PM

23,668 posts, read 8,227,438 times
There are some nice places in AZ and I remember yrs ago a friend and I were driving from LA to visit Sedona and parts north and our next town would have been Cottonwood and a spring snowstorm hit our car, we had shorts and sandels on and no snow tires for sure, so we turned around and spent the night down near Phoenix before heading back to LA. Cottonwood looks like a nice small town, big enough, but enough.

Glad you left MN as the cold is terrible with aging. A neighbor and I were talking earlier about how much we LOVE our area and so thankful to be here. He drives to Phoenix quite a bit to visit his mother.

A friend took a transfer to Phoenix for a while from LA but left as her allergies were much worse, she is retired in Palm Desert and lot of allergy issues. Better climate for sure for arthritis. Palm Desert is HOT in Summer. Last summer into low 120's....

Old 01-17-2018, 06:40 PM

994 posts, read 380,928 times
Been here since 1995. As much as I enjoy it, I’m ready for a change! Once I’m retired and my wife follows suit, we’re outta here! Until then, we’ll enjoy ourselves.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:42 PM

23,668 posts, read 8,227,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
Been here since 1995. As much as I enjoy it, Im ready for a change! Once Im retired and my wife follows suit, were outta here! Until then, well enjoy ourselves.
Where's your next stop?

Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM

4,962 posts, read 3,452,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Well, I for one would think about living in AZ, but would not even consider MN. Although. In Phoenix anyway, in the summer, yeah, it does get hot. Maybe I should put that HOT. But if you are retired, you can stay out of the worst of the heat.

Glad you made the move, and glad you like how it's turning out.
I was born & raised in Minnesota. That's how I came to be there. It wasn't until my son passed away, 2 years now, that I even considered moving away. With him gone, there was no reason to stay.

He was diabetic & didn't follow DR's advice so I was semi-prepared. Well, no parent is ever prepared but I wouldn't have left while he was there.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:01 PM

13,314 posts, read 25,550,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
When I think back on the decision progress & the procrastination process I went through & how it took two major falls last winter for me to make the decision to move to a warmer climate, well, I'm still amazed I did it.
But so very glad I did! And I want each & every one of you to make me remember & eat those words when it gets hot here, lol.
So good to hear this again, that you moved somewhere without having connections there, did your research and are making it work quite well. Please continue to share with the group!

Old 01-17-2018, 07:42 PM

7,235 posts, read 4,123,924 times
Arizona is great in the winter, but I don't relish the thought of ever spending another summer down there. One summer was enough for me.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:54 PM

588 posts, read 344,392 times
I have a good friend in Kingman AZ

Just a thought to move to them there parts.

This winter in IN is making me wish for old mountains, long drives over land, and NO ice.

Problem is...I love the seasons. The colors of fall make me laugh and tumble into such a wonderful place.

Wont find that in AZ.

I was thinking Nashville IN. Lovely place. Art place. But no work if I decided to do such again more than I do now.

Aw Well, such is life.!

Old 01-17-2018, 07:54 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,326,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I was born & raised in Minnesota. That's how I came to be there. It wasn't until my son passed away, 2 years now, that I even considered moving away. With him gone, there was no reason to stay.

He was diabetic & didn't follow DR's advice so I was semi-prepared. Well, no parent is ever prepared but I wouldn't have left while he was there.
I'm sorry for the loss of your son. It's never easy losing a loved one, especially a child. Been down that sad road myself.

Congrats on your move to AZ. Now that I'm retired, I split my time between the CA coast, desert, and Flagstaff. I thrive in the heat, so you won't have me rubbing it in this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or