U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2018, 01:55 PM

23,425 posts, read 28,280,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I will post new thread with results...this issue affects many of us that are now in our 60s and 70s.

Unfortunately I have to fly from Mexico to Florida next week....I shall bathe myself in Purell. Also saline spray for nose. I think it's unlikely I can get the flu again so soon, but worry about colds. My DH will be with me and he avoided my illness so it's a bigger worry for him.
Even though you may be self conscious about it, consider using a mask, too. One benefit of a mask is that it prevents you from touching your mouth and nose, which we all do many times a day without thinking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 02:01 PM

23,785 posts, read 8,278,461 times
Quote:
I will post new thread with results...this issue affects many of us that are now in our 60s and 70s.

Unfortunately I have to fly from Mexico to Florida next week....I shall bathe myself in Purell. Also saline spray for nose. I think it's unlikely I can get the flu again so soon, but worry about colds. My DH will be with me and he avoided my illness so it's a bigger worry for him.
I know if it were ME, and taking this trip, a box of Oscilloccoum would be in my suitcase or purse. First sign of any flu symptom, out comes the Oscillo.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:02 PM

31,684 posts, read 19,984,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Even though you may be self conscious about it, consider using a mask, too. One benefit of a mask is that it prevents you from touching your mouth and nose, which we all do many times a day without thinking about it.
This a really good idea.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 02-04-2018, 04:09 PM

6,125 posts, read 9,086,149 times
Quote:
If push comes to shove, it is possible to be desensitized to penicillin in the same fashion that it is done for other allergies: tiny doses are given and if there is no reaction then slightly larger ones until it is safe to give a full dose. This must be done in a setting where a severe allergic reaction can be treated immediately.
I don't believe you should be giving medical advice on here unless you are a licensed physician.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:11 PM

31,684 posts, read 19,984,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
I don't believe you should be giving medical advice on here unless you are a licensed physician.
She is not speaking under the guise of giving medical advice.

She is sharing information like everyone here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 02-04-2018, 04:13 PM

2,462 posts, read 1,068,971 times
Quote:
If push comes to shove, it is possible to be desensitized to penicillin in the same fashion that it is done for other allergies: tiny doses are given and if there is no reaction then slightly larger ones until it is safe to give a full dose. This must be done in a setting where a severe allergic reaction can be treated immediately.
I had to look this up as I have always been told I am allergic to penicillin for the last 55 years. Found this.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7061769

Old 02-04-2018, 05:05 PM

21,697 posts, read 23,672,920 times
Quote:

It isnít the air on the plane that will make you sick according to this though.

Why Do You Get Sick On An Airplane? It

Old 02-04-2018, 06:04 PM

23,785 posts, read 8,278,461 times
And to post 182, add a baggy of Vit C and Echineaca...that would be my plan. In the days of my travel I had baggies of important supps in my case. And maybe zinc tabs too or lozenges.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:51 PM

15,149 posts, read 19,767,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Are you a physician? You seem to be very sure of yourself and your knowledge of vaccines. Just wondering why you continue with this info here, when none of us knows really what vaccines do or don't do.

suzy_q2010 is extremely knowledgeable about medical matters. We should all be grateful that she's willing to share her knowledge and experience with us.

And your comment about not knowing what vaccines do or dont do is unfounded and incorrect.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:04 PM

87,013 posts, read 102,621,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
It isnít the air on the plane that will make you sick according to this though.

Why Do You Get Sick On An Airplane? It
According to the latest research, you can spread flu just by breathing. So yeah, it's the air in the case of flu.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320690.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement