U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 05:00 PM

3,968 posts, read 1,114,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I remember going through a time like that. It passed, for the most part.

But a few days ago I watched the SpaceX rocket go up, and then the boosters landed perfectly like the old sci fi rockets. I cried, thinking that back in the late 60s/early 70s we were so full of hope about space exploration. I felt sad that now they are finally making progress and I probably won't live to see us go back to the moon or to mars. In my mind, it should have happened by now.
I cried at that too, but I love SciFI, so it was very natural to get "shiny eyes" at the very cool technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Does this bother you? My friend who is 72 has recently started tearing and I'm thinking it's due to a new doctor changing her long used thyroid med to a different one. One of many symptoms of sluggish thyroid is teary instances. I gather you are male, and they have sluggish thyroids too. When I was going thru my long battle and was getting help in about 2002, I had a male friend who was working with his thyroid too. We were comparing notes and he put me on to a book about HypoT that was a lifesaver.
I don't think I have low T. My sex life is better then it has ever been!

Old 02-11-2018, 09:26 PM

5,215 posts, read 2,083,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Another one to avoid: "Hatchi - A Dog's Tale".
OH, I love that one.. "Hachi". When I watched it again, I had a friend watching too, speaking to each other during a commercial. I said "Okay, I have to get off the phone now"..(because I was going to be crying). It's beautiful and heartbreaking ...if I would see it again, I will cry just as hard. It's based upon a true story, but this one set elsewhere.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 10-20-2018 at 02:48 AM..

Old 02-12-2018, 04:55 AM

588 posts, read 144,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastfire
I am 75 and I have started doing the exact same thing. Don't know why. I started this "weepy" bit about three years ago.
Not to worry....... Juat because we are guys we cant cry??

I cry often........ Nothing wrong with it!!

Old 02-12-2018, 05:32 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,949,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Well this condition is NOTHING like having a hair growing in your ears or the "hundreds of things" you can dream up. .

But feel free to inappropriately cry all day when you get a documented condition that causes it.

And yes, Low T is one of the hormonal causes.

Besides strokes and other problems like depression, insomnia, apnea, narcolepsy, brain trauma, MS, ALS, or adverse reactions from medication.

Remember that that you can end up in Skilled Nursing Care for life

Hilarious you think it's something to blow off.

I live with and work for A TON of men much older than 65 and the ONLY ones with this condition had strokes.

That includes WIDOWERS with a reason to cry.

And your doctor would agree with me, not say "Nah, never mind, I"m overworked".

Name me one other person you know who does this who isn't even 65.

I know about 50 men between 65 - 95 and like I said, ONLY the stroke ones have this problem.
I know somebody who is 54 with this condition and yes, it appeared after she had a stroke. She said it is called "pseudobulbar affect" (??sp??).

Old 02-14-2018, 06:50 AM

64 posts, read 35,511 times
I am 62 and I was watching the "My Little Pony" movie with my Granddaughter and I teared up at the end...

Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 AM

17,401 posts, read 21,239,668 times
It could be the cycle of life. We start out in diapers, and end in diapers. We start out crying like babies, and end up crying like babies?

I can't wait for the tears to come, and they couldn't come soon enough! The spaces between my cries can be years and years, and I'm 67 now. I cried when my ferret passed away a few month ago, and prior to that it was a long 21 years when I lost my partner.

I can't think of anything, besides sex, as pleasurable as a good cry. I hope I end my days crying a couple hours a day!

Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 PM

I hadn't looked at this thread for quite a while. There have been some new posts that I never looked at. I really appreciate all the responses! Five months later and nothing has changed, but I think I'm more comfortable with tearing up. FWIW, I never blubber, shiny eyes is about the extent of it.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

Old 07-23-2018, 12:29 AM

5,215 posts, read 2,083,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I hadn't looked at this thread for quite a while. There have been some new posts that I never looked at. I really appreciate all the responses! Five months later and nothing has changed, but I think I'm more comfortable with tearing up. FWIW, I never blubber, shiny eyes is about the extent of it.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!
I think it is just natural and human.

Now, if only some young males would not be taught that crying is equal to being "weak, girly", etc., and being shamed - it would help. I know this is a bit off from the subject here, but it seems that if people of all ages felt more free to release emotions and pain, I think it would help eliminate what makes many react adversely in other ways. And not that it would mean there would be crying going on everywhere, all the time.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:17 AM

6,555 posts, read 7,977,981 times
Sorry, I did not read all the responses, but would like to suggest that you have your thyroid proteins tested. Sometimes when hormones get out of whack it can make you sad, or anxious, or just generally more emotional. And while there are guidelines that doctors use, if you are even a small amount out of normal you should push them on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement