U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 07:11 PM

4,439 posts, read 2,614,235 times

Advertisements

We have 3 years, 1 and 1/2 month to go, my OH will be 62, and IF still available will collect early.
I will stop working my part time job, and will fall back to my SSDI only.
By then, my 90 yo FIL should also be gone. Then we,will winter in the warm climate and summer here until my 83 yo father passes.

We are counting the years/days/months until then.

( now,watch, my FIL wilk live to 98 just to spite us!) But he's in frail health and very elderly now. We hope he passes as he's getting to the point we may have to take away his keys and exercise the power of attorney on him. We are hoping he passes before that as,it will DEFINITELY be a kicking and screaming fight!!!

Congrats OP on your last days.
Hope you adjust to retirement well!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 05:44 PM

1,815 posts, read 2,243,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight View Post
congrats! were you tempted to call in "sick of work" on the 2nd to last day?

what was your career/job?
I was training two people up until the left minute. My job is being absorbed by others

I worked for attorneys as a paralegal, not my first choice of career, but it paid the most. Being single, I had to go with the money

Old 03-01-2018, 05:46 PM

1,815 posts, read 2,243,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I slept a lot my first year retired. Now, I do whatever I want whenever I want! Enjoy your retirement, and congratulations!
I thought I'd sleep too, but I was up at 6 a.m. That's 15 minutes earlier than work time! There's no hope for me

But man, did I get a lot done and I still had lots of day left!

Old 03-01-2018, 07:54 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,763,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
This is my last Monday to work.

I'm leaving the work force early -- I've planned a very long time for this.

Like BrightDogLover, I am excited but still can't quite grasp the fact that I only have two more days of working
Congratulations!

Old 03-01-2018, 07:56 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,763,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I thought I'd sleep too, but I was up at 6 a.m. That's 15 minutes earlier than work time! There's no hope for me

But man, did I get a lot done and I still had lots of day left!
And the best part is, you can take a nap if you want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement