U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 10:14 PM

6,075 posts, read 9,545,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Marijuana brownies are not lethal.
Un----le--sss you're driving a car . . .

Just sayin . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 PM

6,075 posts, read 9,545,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Try CBD oil. All the healing benefits of weed without the high. I know... where's the fun?
This!!!

A friend of ours has ongoing back problems. The kind where ... yeah, he could have surgery but it probably wouldn't help.

He uses the CBD-rich marijuana and find it provides real relief.

There exists a politically-driven injunction against studying whether marijuana (either the CBD or the T??) provides any medical benefit. That is something we need to blame earlier politicians for, and need to reverse ASAP. It is a potentially beneficial substance - why not study it's potential benefits?!?!?

Would they be any worse than the opiod epidemic now happening?

Old 03-02-2018, 06:17 AM

23,651 posts, read 17,632,423 times
I can understand where people come to the conclusion that pot is less harmful than alcohol, but I can't imagine the smoking of anything being healthy.

One of the 60 somethings I've known and partied with for a years is a very heavy pot and cigarette smoker. He's had a few health issues, nothing probably related to the smoking, but even if he quit the cigs, I can't imagine the MJ not being unhealthy.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:28 AM

4,800 posts, read 4,857,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I can understand where people come to the conclusion that pot is less harmful than alcohol, but I can't imagine the smoking of anything being healthy.

One of the 60 somethings I've known and partied with for a years is a very heavy pot and cigarette smoker. He's had a few health issues, nothing probably related to the smoking, but even if he quit the cigs, I can't imagine the MJ not being unhealthy.
the difference between MJ and tobacco use is the hundreds of chemicals used in manufacturing cigarettes. MJ is just that pot. Yes smoke inhalation in general is bad for you but unless you are in a 24/7 state of smoke your lungs are able to process the particulates properly.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:59 AM

1,136 posts, read 603,004 times
Drop the booze and switch to the healthy elixir of good health and happiness and a nice all day gentle buzz, yerba mate tea Guayaki Organic Yerba Mate You'll thank me later : Good health to you!

Old 03-02-2018, 08:49 AM

11,284 posts, read 8,455,818 times
"long term loss of short term memory" That's always been a known effect of pot. I can say it does recover if you stop imbibing.

Again, pot smokers would rather put up with the short term memory loss than to quit.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:56 AM

34,708 posts, read 33,729,968 times
Do you have man boobs, too?

Old 03-02-2018, 10:27 AM

1,210 posts, read 997,836 times
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
"long term loss of short term memory" That's always been a known effect of pot. I can say it does recover if you stop imbibing.

Again, pot smokers would rather put up with the short term memory loss than to quit.

No, short term loss of short term memory is the truth. You are correct in that it is reversible if you stop using. Reversal can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:29 AM

1,210 posts, read 997,836 times
Default Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you have man boobs, too?

The man boob thing, like the lowering of testosterone, is a myth used by prohibitionists to discourage use. I know, it is sometimes hard to separate the truth from the propaganda and misinformation on both sides.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:51 AM

4,291 posts, read 7,160,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
A recovering alcoholic taking drugs. You think that's going to work out?
Yeah. At AA they say remove ALL drugs from your repertoire, IIRC drug treatment says the same thing.

If you're addictive to feel-good drugs, you're addictive to feel-good drugs. If MJ affects memory, guess what, ditch the reefer madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or