U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 12:09 PM

6,905 posts, read 3,838,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessinseattle View Post
Curious why you don't smoke it?
Eating pot has never worked out well for me.
Eating it today is much different than it was when five-o was pulling you over and you had to get rid of it.
Now days it comes in a multitude of edibles.... who's soul intent is to be consumed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 12:13 PM

28,242 posts, read 39,901,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Eating it today is much different than it was when five-o was pulling you over and you had to get rid of it.
Now days it comes in a multitude of edibles.... who's soul intent is to be consumed.
LOL! I hope that was intentional. It's a beaut.

I am not a fan of some of the edibles. Making "gummie bear" and candy edibles is not cool if there are children around.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:15 PM

My apologies for the errors in my "poll". I should not do something like that when I'm tired and I was exhausted last night.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:14 PM

6,623 posts, read 3,748,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I'm a 64 year old guy and I've been a regular user of pot for about 7 years (since I retired). I particularly like my home made brownies, which are apparently stronger then hell! I eat 1.5 brownies a night, which helps me sleep. Things are changing though!

I am also a recovering alcoholic, so that plays into it a bit. I believe that, through long term drinking, about 45 years, I damaged my liver and I am paying a price, which may seem weird unless you have liver damage. One of the main affects of my liver damage is almost constant itching. I have a friend with liver damage and he mentioned that itching is a real thing. It's so bad at times that it affects my sleep, and the brownies don't seem to be working as well.

I almost forgot!! My short term memory right now is horrible. By the time I finish posting this I will probably have forgotten that I wrote it! Ha!

I'm hoping that someone on CD can relate, but if not, thanks for reading!
I want what YOU're having!

I guess you live where pot is legal. Unfortunately, it's not legal for most people. It would help me with stress.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

I guess you live where pot is legal. Unfortunately, it's not legal for most people. It would help me with stress.
Order high CBD tincture. It's legal in all 50 states since it is not illegal at the federal level. Do some research into online suppliers though. There are a lot of scams out there. This is the brand I use. Normally I use Restore, which is high in CBD. If I'm really hurting I use 1/2 Restore and 1/2 Elevate. Since Elevate is high in THC I don't go out when using the combo. It's like drinking a couple of beers and I don't drink and drive, either.

Scroll down on the linked page and click on "find stores near you". Wait for the map to finish loading and it will show where they are. There are places that will ship from an online store as well.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:43 PM

5,587 posts, read 5,100,423 times
IMHO, you need to see a doctor. they can help you with liver function and the subsequent itching. And do tell him about the drinking history/marijuana use. I seriously doubt any decent doctor would judge.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:56 PM

12,260 posts, read 12,507,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

I thought medical pot was legal in most states? If you need drugs for stress, talk to a doc. Recreational pot is only legal on the West Coast and Colorado out there in the middle. That's not even 50 million people, so only a fraction of the country. I think it's legal everywhere in Canada now.

Self-prescribing for stress or insomnia is a ticket to habitual use, and way different from recreational use. If you are going to become an habitual user of any drug, supervision by a physician is important.

Recreational users don't toke up every day, any more than recreational drinkers drink every day. You do it for fun, not because you need it. It's legal where I live, and I live in an excellent growing climate. I have a friend who raised the legal 3 plants and gave me about half an ounce last fall. I still have almost all of it left. I may take a couple hits once every month or so, just to jog the creative juices. I'm working on a novel, and find that plot twists come easier when I am stoned. I also dictate my train of thought, because I don't accomplish anything when I'm stoned. Essentially I tell the story to myself, then transcribe and edit it the next day.

Every month or so is about how often I have a drink too. I have a fabulous liquor cabinet, full of dozens of bottles of expensive booze. You get that by buying booze and then not drinking it. I have irreplaceable bottles of single malt that are over 30 years old and probably worth $500. I may have a little once a year. I had a beer with a pizza a couple weeks ago, but the last time I had any good whiskey was a glass of Knob Creek Rye with a buddy a month ago. I don't see the point in drinking without getting high, and I don't get high that often. It's recreational, not habitual.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I thought medical pot was legal in most states? If you need drugs for stress, talk to a doc. Recreational pot is only legal on the West Coast and Colorado out there in the middle. That's not even 50 million people, so only a fraction of the country. I think it's legal everywhere in Canada now.

Self-prescribing for stress or insomnia is a ticket to habitual use, and way different from recreational use. If you are going to become an habitual user of any drug, supervision by a physician is important.

Recreational users don't toke up every day, any more than recreational drinkers drink every day. You do it for fun, not because you need it. It's legal where I live, and I live in an excellent growing climate. I have a friend who raised the legal 3 plants and gave me about half an ounce last fall. I still have almost all of it left. I may take a couple hits once every month or so, just to jog the creative juices. I'm working on a novel, and find that plot twists come easier when I am stoned. I also dictate my train of thought, because I don't accomplish anything when I'm stoned. Essentially I tell the story to myself, then transcribe and edit it the next day.

Every month or so is about how often I have a drink too. I have a fabulous liquor cabinet, full of dozens of bottles of expensive booze. You get that by buying booze and then not drinking it. I have irreplaceable bottles of single malt that are over 30 years old and probably worth $500. I may have a little once a year. I had a beer with a pizza a couple weeks ago, but the last time I had any good whiskey was a glass of Knob Creek Rye with a buddy a month ago. I don't see the point in drinking without getting high, and I don't get high that often. It's recreational, not habitual.
29 states. And not everyone becomes a junkie because of using hemp oils or pot.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:25 AM

16,419 posts, read 5,354,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
29 states. And not everyone becomes a junkie because of using hemp oils or pot.
I second this. Cannabis is not inherently addictive (although because it has an intoxicating effect, some may find it causes psychological dependence). Also, using something daily does not equal addiction. I use cannabis capsules every night for insomnia and have never had any problems with dependence or withdrawal symptoms. As a former cocaine user who had all kinds of trouble kicking the habit, I know from personal experience the difference between a substance that's addictive and one that isn't.

For the OP and anyone else who would like the health benefits of the cannabis plant without the high, CBD oil is a good choice. It has a calming effect and can help with insomnia, muscle spasms and pain. I wonder if CBD might also help the OP feel better while he's withdrawing from alcohol.

It's expensive, though, and there's a lot of bogus "hemp oil" out there that contains very little active ingredient. I get mine from Green Roads World. It is made from whole plant extracts and prepared by a licensed pharmacist. I've also heard that Triniti makes a good product, though I haven't tried it. My husband says it helps him with his arthritic knees.

The downside is that CBD is even more expensive than cannabis. As legalization spreads, I'm hoping this will change.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:58 AM

146 posts, read 67,129 times
I have been smoking pot since the 70's. No sense in stopping now. I am very healthy, active, had a great career and now I am enjoying a fabulous retirement. I rarely drink, maybe a few times in a year never to excess. I just do not like getting drunk. That feels weird to me. But getting stoned out of my mind? That is a fun afternoon. Now not every afternoon, but now that I am retired I will admit there are more stoned afternoons in my life.

I guess my additive behaviors started when my mother breast fed me and the rest is history. hehehehehehe ok, sometimes I smoke in the mornings.

No matter what we all do we all are going to end up in the same place, so we best do what we need to have a good life and provide a good life for our loved ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or