Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:12 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you have man boobs, too?
No I do not. that may be thing for some, but not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 11:24 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,518,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I meant lethal to my ever expanding waistline (when I'm only trying to expand my mind). I do remember the oddest things seeming irresistibly delicious & we would lose track of portion sizes, to be understating the issue.
I agree.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:48 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,518,882 times
There is a misunderstanding of smoking marijuana by quite a few posters here. Smoking marijuana is not like drinking alcohol. The difference is that when your glass is empty you fill it up and have another drink. It is constant and consistent.

Marijuana smokers, for the most part, smoke or eat or vape, or however they take it, and stop. They're high and have no need to get higher. There are those that keep smoking, but they are certainly in the minority. Those folks have problems that are larger than alcohol or marijuana.

So I'd like to have a poll. Multiple answers are obviously acceptable. Hopefully the number of questions won't put you off answering.

No rants. Take it elsewhere, please.

If you use marijuana

1. Do you get high, stop the intake, and enjoy the ride?
2. Do you get high and keep smoking to get even higher, seemingly without being able to control the urge?
3. Do you that "urge" that alcoholics have to use more?
4. Do you use it for pain, relaxation, anxiety, getting to sleep, etc?
5. Do you feel sick the next morning or during the high?
6. Do you turn into a jerk when high?
7. Do you become violent?

If you use alcohol

2. Do you get high and keep smoking to get even higher, seemingly without being able to control the urge?
3. Do you that "urge" to use more?
4. Do you use it for pain, relaxation, anxiety, etc?

Old 03-03-2018, 03:51 AM

21,420 posts, read 8,629,657 times
If you use marijuana

Yes
No. Overdoing it can be very unpleasant, though not dangerous. And you can only get so high. Using too much only wastes good bud.
Sometimes, but I don't listen because of 2. A sense of impending doom and a racing heart are not fun.
I use it mostly for relaxation and insomnia.
No, I've never gotten sick from cannabis, not ever. Dry mouth is about the only aftereffect.
No, never. If anything, I become more calm, patient and agreeable.
No, never. Just the opposite.

If you use alcohol

Usually, but occasionally I do feel an urge to keep drinking even though I know I shouldn't. That only happens when I've had a little too much and my judgment is impaired.
2. Do you get high and keep smoking (you mean drinking?) to get even higher, seemingly without being able to control the urge?
When I was young and single I went on a couple of binges which ended badly, but I'm wiser now.
3. Do you (have?) that "urge" to use more?
Occasionally, but I'm usually pretty good about stopping. My brother died an alcoholic at 45, so I've seen the damage that alcohol can do.
I drink wine with lunch or dinner for relaxation and because food and wine enhance each other's pleasures.
Not any more. After those two binges, I learned my lesson.
No, I'm a happy drunk. I turn giggly and silly, especially if you give me Champagne.
No, never. Clumsy, thick-tongued and uncoordinated, maybe.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:04 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,513,411 times
Quote:
I do - my wife loves to cup them in her hands.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:27 AM

16,119 posts, read 10,263,505 times
Is your memory bad all the time or in the evenings only? It may not be memory lost, maybe you're just stoned.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:51 AM

6,554 posts, read 7,010,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
There is a misunderstanding of smoking marijuana by quite a few posters here. Smoking marijuana is not like drinking alcohol. The difference is that when your glass is empty you fill it up and have another drink. It is constant and consistent.

Marijuana smokers, for the most part, smoke or eat or vape, or however they take it, and stop. They're high and have no need to get higher. There are those that keep smoking, but they are certainly in the minority. Those folks have problems that are larger than alcohol or marijuana.

So I'd like to have a poll. Multiple answers are obviously acceptable. Hopefully the number of questions won't put you off answering.

No rants. Take it elsewhere, please.

If you use marijuana

If you use alcohol

3. Do you that "urge" to use more?

When I was a young man many years ago me and some friends bought a pound of pot and smoked it all in 24 hours. We actually smoked ourselves straight. Oh the things we did when I was young.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:28 AM

672 posts, read 438,770 times
Quote:
Do you?

Old 03-03-2018, 10:18 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,581,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I can understand where people come to the conclusion that pot is less harmful than alcohol, but I can't imagine the smoking of anything being healthy.

One of the 60 somethings I've known and partied with for a years is a very heavy pot and cigarette smoker. He's had a few health issues, nothing probably related to the smoking, but even if he quit the cigs, I can't imagine the MJ not being unhealthy.
Lots of fun things are unhealthy.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:16 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,584,980 times
Personally I don't want to inhale anything that will damage my lungs. I was all hyped about the new California laws and now I seem to care less. Everything is very costly and I don't need to eat brownies, I don't eat them now with no MJ.

I'll stick with my supplements, much less money and many work for me and my pain and OA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement