Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 09:25 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,018,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
They told you to go fill out paperwork for them to "write you a new check".

They did not tell you they would do it there.

Did you get it direct deposited later?
Yes, they told me on the phone that the local SS would issue a new check and a stop payment would be put on the lost one. They lied. The SS office they told me to go to didn;t ever issue checks.

What difference does it make what I did later?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 04:43 PM

4,488 posts, read 3,909,512 times
I have to agree with all the other positive comments. Signed up for Medicare online last year and everything went well. Last month I signed on to start receiving my SS payments when I turn 66 in June. The online process was very easy and about a week later I got a call from a very nice lady asking if I had any questions and confirming what my benefits would be (they needed to account for my 2017 income). It was all so pleasant, I was quite surprised and delighted. The only thing that freaked me out a bit was when they were confirming some of my personal information she said, "And your Father was William, correct"? I said, "How did you know THAT"? She said, "We're the Government, we know everything".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement