Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Suffer from Anxiety?
Yes - Often or consistently 41 35.04%
No - Never 19 16.24%
Sometimes 35 29.91%
Rarely 22 18.80%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 02:42 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,254 times

Advertisements

I have more aggravation than anxiety. Husband piddles around on our renovation. Crown molding has been up three months in one room and he just won't finish the caulking. No amount of asking helps.

I just hope I have enough money in the bank when he dies to get all the details finished before I can sell this house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 05:16 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I am not sure what that means. Please describe anxiety, how does it feel, is it a constant state?
I feel anxiety on certain occasions, like just before we leave on a long trip away from home, even if it is for a nice vacation.
Before I need to make a presentation or something.
Getting ready to host a large party and getting rarer.
But these are rare occasions so I am not sure I am suffering from it.
No that’s normal. Anxiety Attack, or Panic attacks can happen out of the blue and basically you start feeling physical efffects like you are going to pass out, have a heart attack etc. it usually passes but then it stays on your back about when and where will it happen again.

Some people have a trigger but most don’t, so it can happen at anytime. Don’t wish them on anyone.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:45 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,204,551 times
Funny poll. What I would expect, since anxiety is relative. You would expect 25% of the respondents to put themselves in each quartile, and sure enough, it's pretty close.

It's like asking if people are tall, tallish, shortish, or short, you'd get about a quarter with each response, because each respondent would self-select relativistically.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:53 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,347,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Do you suffer from anxiety?

If so, please describe.

If not, please note how you think you avoid it.

For a screen name tagged "nobodysbusiness," you certainly do ask the personal questions. I do indeed have quite the history. But choose not to share it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement