Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 10:25 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I hear you! When you are sick, on leave or on vacation---leave me the Hell alone!! If my boss calls me when I am away from work, I don't answer either.....so ridiculous!
It's all about respect and some people just don't have it for others........
This. If you're on leave, I don't see why you're obligated to be in contact AT ALL. Just ignore incoming messages. Yes, it's irritating to dodge them, but that's what happens when people have your e-mail/cell phone number. You can always turn off your devices? Thank modern technology!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 01:43 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, doncha know how inconsiderate it is of an employee to die suddenly with no notice???
Hubby's company underwent a new manager and new admin. New vacation requests are to be 3 months in advance. He went to the admin and said he would be taking time off for the birth of his first grandchild, which at the time was about 6 months away. She asked him when the baby was going to be born. He told her our daughter's due date was April 29, but you certainly can't guess when a baby is actually going to be born, so he couldn't actually give her 3 months notice of a birth! She nodded and smiled and said, well, when you find out let me know 3 months in advance.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I hear you! When you are sick, on leave or on vacation---leave me the Hell alone!! If my boss calls me when I am away from work, I don't answer either.....so ridiculous!
It's all about respect and some people just don't have it for others........
Ha. Hubby had off 4 days last weekend because it's the end of the fiscal year, and he had the "use 'em or lose 'em" thing going on (still lost 5). He still did work of some sort 2 out of 4.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:39 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
... we want to hurry up and get it tested so it can move onto TSCA approval)
Wait a minute?!
I thought Scott Pruitt did away with all the safety crap.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:18 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,837,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Hubby's company underwent a new manager and new admin. New vacation requests are to be 3 months in advance. He went to the admin and said he would be taking time off for the birth of his first grandchild, which at the time was about 6 months away. She asked him when the baby was going to be born. He told her our daughter's due date was April 29, but you certainly can't guess when a baby is actually going to be born, so he couldn't actually give her 3 months notice of a birth! She nodded and smiled and said, well, when you find out let me know 3 months in advance.
Good Lord..... Some people are so clueless right?

That is when you visualize yourself slapping them. LOLOLOL

Old 05-04-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
LOL!!! Be very afraid...

Old 05-04-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Ha. Hubby had off 4 days last weekend because it's the end of the fiscal year, and he had the "use 'em or lose 'em" thing going on (still lost 5). He still did work of some sort 2 out of 4.
Our new rule is that you have to use or lose your sick days. But now you have to prove you're ACTUALLY sick with a doctor's excuse. Trying desperately to catch something legitimate.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:11 PM

1,779 posts, read 1,203,545 times
I think the trend of today's workplace is they really would prefer robots who don't have any personal needs for time off for any reason.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Our new rule is that you have to use or lose your sick days. But now you have to prove you're ACTUALLY sick with a doctor's excuse. Trying desperately to catch something legitimate.
wow. That's nuts. How often are you too sick to go to work but not sick enough to go to the doctor?? A common cold can sure be miserable, PLUS you'd be infecting everybody at work! I prefer sick co-workers stay home instead of breathing all over me!
Good luck with catching a legitimate illness.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:01 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,837,847 times
Quote:
wow. That's nuts. How often are you too sick to go to work but not sick enough to go to the doctor?? A common cold can sure be miserable, PLUS you'd be infecting everybody at work! I prefer sick co-workers stay home instead of breathing all over me!
Good luck with catching a legitimate illness.
Exactly! I work for a Health & Wellness place and they prefer if you stay home if your feeling sick as not to infect the rest of the staff.
Sometimes I am not actually "sick". Just Sick of working. I call it a "Mental Health" day. LOLOLOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement