Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 05:15 PM

799 posts, read 443,593 times

Advertisements

Vaccines can be dangerous. Aside from the ones my parents gave me at childhood and a few I had to get for traveling I've never chosen to get a vaccine for anything.

This is only a personal testimonial, has ZERO research that I know of to back it up but I will mention it here just in case someone reading this does get the shingles:
My wife had the shingles (diagnosed at the dr. office). Came home and I started giving her silver hydrosol orally and rubbing on her waist and stomach where she was getting the itchy bumps.
Almost immediately the itching went away and she never had any but the mildest of pain after beginning to use this product. It was miraculous how it worked and prevented her from shingles pain and discomfort.

This may not work for you. Maybe it was totally coincidence for my wife that her shingles symptoms began getting better with no medicine after using the silver hydrosol. Just sayin': it might be worth a try if you start getting shingles symptoms.
Disclaimers and Full Disclosure: I am not a doctor and do not play one on tv nor internet etcl, so this is purely anecdotal info; and I have no interest, financial or otherwise to gain from recommending people try taking silver hydrosol in addition to any medicine a medical professional might give you. Just saying it seemed to help my wife.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:49 PM

689 posts, read 969,871 times
Interesting and useful info. You may want to post something like this on the altmed forum. The folks over there may find this very helpful.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:04 PM

11,931 posts, read 6,520,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My first bout was a very early diagnoses by my doctor. The next time, I had a different doctor, who believed me when I told her I had shingles, even without the rash. I never got the rash any of the times I got shingles. Now I keep a bottle of acyclovir in case I get it again.
What were the shingles symptoms you had without a rash?
And if not a rash, how did you know this symptom was shingles —from research?
Thanks

Old 05-25-2018, 06:40 PM

37,029 posts, read 41,087,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
Your response emphasizes my point. I do not think you have the necessary training or health-care background for me to get into a back and forth with you. Continue standing by what you said.....I have no problem with you standing by your beliefs!
It's not a "belief." It is factual.

Instead of telling me I do not know what I am talking about, explain what is wrong with my post.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:45 PM

37,029 posts, read 41,087,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What were the shingles symptoms you had without a rash?
And if not a rash, how did you know this symptom was shingles —from research?
Thanks
Shingles tends to cause symptoms before the rash appears due to irritation of the involved nerves, such as an itchy, tingly sensation. Once you've had it, you often can tell when another outbreak is imminent. It's similar to the signs that people with recurrent cold sores and genital herpes get.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:05 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I'm amazed at how many people went to work with shingles. First, I don't know how you did it. Second, I'd be afraid of exposing so many other people. One of the reasons I chose to stay home was because we had two pregnant women working in the same office I was. I surely didn't want to expose them or their unborn babies to possible chicken pox. Third, I looked like something that crawled out of a lagoon and was probably as bad tempered.

One thing that really struck me was once the shingles developed into sores, I wanted Gatorade in the worst way. One of my friends got me a couple of 32oz bottles and I downed one just like that. I thought that was really weird, but maybe having shingles dehydrates you.
My treating doctor told me that after a certain amount of time, it was safe for me to go to work. I can't remember the exact number of days, but it wasn't a very long time period. And as someone else said, I was miserable no matter where I was, but work kept me busy and made the time pass more quickly.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:39 AM

7,986 posts, read 5,359,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
I say go get the shot. Shingles is a horrid illness !!
Thanks, but no thanks. I had chicken pox as a child. Had shingles when I was in my mid 20's, then again in my mid 40's.
Maybe I will get them again--I am not worried. I worry more about all these vaccines that the Pharmaceutical Companies push. It is their $$$$ game. My insurance would even cover it--no thanks. Not interested.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:48 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,175,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Thanks, but no thanks. I had chicken pox as a child. Had shingles when I was in my mid 20's, then again in my mid 40's.
Maybe I will get them again--I am not worried. I worry more about all these vaccines that the Pharmaceutical Companies push. It is their $$$$ game. My insurance would even cover it--no thanks. Not interested.
Ah, I wondered how long it would take for the conspiracy theories and corporate greed gripes to appear.

Yep, someone has to produce the vaccines. Do the many years of blind and double-blind studies, testing, and acquire FDA approvals. This is not a cheap or short process. And yes, profits will be made for their efforts. That's what we do in this country. Make profits. That's the whole point of capitalism.

Do you think this and other vaccines should be free? In this case it IS free to you. But someone does pay - insurance. But then again, that's not free either.

This is a rabbit hole I don't need to go down. I just know I don't want shingles and this vaccine prevents that.

Fair enough.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:22 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,070,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
Ah, I wondered how long it would take for the conspiracy theories and corporate greed gripes to appear.

Yep, someone has to produce the vaccines. Do the many years of blind and double-blind studies, testing, and acquire FDA approvals. This is not a cheap or short process. And yes, profits will be made for their efforts. That's what we do in this country. Make profits. That's the whole point of capitalism.

Do you think this and other vaccines should be free? In this case it IS free to you. But someone does pay - insurance. But then again, that's not free either.

This is a rabbit hole I don't need to go down. I just know I don't want shingles and this vaccine prevents that.

Fair enough.
I think, and I only speak for myself, that there is a good reason to worry about overloading one's immune system with random vaccines for anything and everything. I think for most of us laypeople with a brain, it appears to be much like overloading our bodies with unnecessary drug regimens. The idea that we make ourselves ultimately sicker, by misusing/overusing the products that are supposed to help us is not based on any conspiracies.

Before anyone starts with how stupid that idea may be, let's look at how it isn't a stupid idea when it comes to what history has shown us with antibiotic use & misuse. The same learned professionals over-prescribed, with little to no warnings from higher powers to the contrary, and many people suddenly find out one day that the number of antibiotics and their effectiveness is NOT infinite, and have to suffer through whatever malady on their own anyway.

It's hardly a 'conspiracy theory' effecting someone's thought process, although it may make you feel superior to suggest so.

I think anyone should take whatever vaccines they feel will benefit them, or it is proven that they need. I also feel anyone who wants to question whether a vaccine is indeed necessary should be able to do so WITHOUT it being suggested they are a 'conspiracy theorist' or any other come-uppances one may dream up in order shut them up or attempt to put them in their place.

Afterall, questioning is how the human animal learns. And if the only rebuttal anyone has is, "I want it." or "You are some such thing." Then what the human animal just learned is the person speaking has no good rebuttal.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 AM

2,766 posts, read 2,073,024 times
What is ironic is that the big pharma have a profit agenda as the reason to produce vaccines, but apparently the supplement companies only make a profit as a by product of goodness and health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.