Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:14 PM

558 posts, read 338,221 times

Advertisements

Laying low until the court paperwork is finalized. Looked at dating sites for women about my age. I know those profiles range from fake to real, does anyone have experience with this?

A woman I know just met a guy online and said he seems OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 05:14 PM

34,089 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
Looked at dating sites for women about my age.

I know those profiles range from fake to real, does anyone have experience with this?
Your title asked about love... forget that.

Dating, doing things with another, is a reasonable goal.
98% of OLD is about identifying who is NEARBY and would like to date.
That's a big help.

Stop using words that are inaccurate or ambiguous.
Say what you mean and you should be fine.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:24 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post

A woman I know just met a guy online and said he seems OK.

Has she met him in person?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:14 PM

794 posts, read 1,860,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Your title asked about love... forget that.

Stop using words that are inaccurate or ambiguous.
Say what you mean and you should be fine.
Huh? What are you talking about? Why can't She find love again....at any age? Just because you can't or won't, doesn't mean she has to commit to not loving; you can't take that away from her.

Geesh.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:24 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,904,601 times
I tried a dating site called LosersOnly.com and all I could find was unemployed, felons, drug addicts and alcoholics. I do not recommend that site for finding love.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:16 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Let me phrase OLD this way.

I'm in my early 30s, pretty good job by local standards, my own house, nice car, educated, worldly, etc. I've very rarely had a worthwhile experience OLD. Yes, I've had quite a few girlfriends come dating websites, but that's more of a function of sheer volume than quality.

The selection is even worse on the mainstream dating websites for seniors. It worked better when I lived in a major city. It doesn't work in small towns.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:29 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,794 times
An old friend of mine, who is in his early 60's, decided to do this online dating thing after dating a series of women he met through more old style or conventional means. None of those panned out for him, they all ended in anger and hurt feelings all around, it seems to me. Recently, he came up with some dating site, he told me a bunch of stuff that he was going to tell the potential "winners" of his selection process, he ignored any advice I gave him, which was mostly just to stay away from women for a while. The online thing seemed to speed up the rate of anger and hurt feelings and parting of the ways. So anyway, it seems like online dating might be like crazy men meeting crazy women.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:34 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,580,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

The selection is even worse on the mainstream dating websites for seniors.
so true! On POF (Plenty of Fish), Seniorpeoplemeet.com, and OurTime.com, I've never seen so many scary looking senior men in one place. Looks like convict row, parolees from prison, and the deranged.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM

6,356 posts, read 7,766,843 times
Based on my own personal experience, do NOT believe what a person writes in their profile. If you are interested in someone you "met" online, please, please give the relationship sufficient time. Say like an absolute minimum of a year of exclusive dating before you even start thinking seriously about someone.

I've had mixed results. Some women I've "met" online have become good, long-lasting friends, (more than just casual acquaintances). Others meetings were a total disaster, (neither of our faults, just incompatible with each other). I state in my profile, (paraphrased), that I'm not 'looking for love', but friendship. Women usually want more, but at least they know going in what the expectations are. If I meet that one, special person, great! If not, no worries.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 06-06-2018, 10:16 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
My longest OLD relationship was with a woman nineteen years my senior. We started seeing each other in 2015. I was 28, she was 47 then. She was a basket case. Her husband divorced her fairly recently. She had a baby around 40 back in 2006/2007, and that baby died at three months old or so. She was staying with her brother, and basically latched on to me as a source of income.

Back in 2004, I met a woman on Yahoo! chat when I was 18. She was 35. She spoiled me for a couple of years, but it wasn't going to be long-term. She ended up cheating on me with a guy her own age who has been unemployed for years. She was 15/16 when she got pregnant and had a daughter two weeks younger than me. Her daughter was tall and lorded over me. I'm only 5'7" and her daughter was close to six feet.

I met my latest girlfriend online. She said she was sick with lupus originally, but being sick with lupus is a far cry from nuked hips and unable to walk. She's due for a double hip replacement this year. The first hip replacement is scheduled for 6/27.

My life is full of unnecessary drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement