Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 10:09 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post

I'm sorry, I don't get it?
big belly, on top or on bottom

Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I'm sorry for being slow guys. I quit taking my estrogen 33 days ago cold turkey. I never did feel right. I'm much calmer now, but not really with it. Just speak slowly, and be patient with me, please ....

.....But I don't want to get that close to a giant belly, much less without clothes . Please don't make me, lol. Guys that look like they are 9 months pregnant are a huge turnoff. I'm not perfect either, but golly.

Just no! I'm not that desperate .

http://nobmob.com/node/9488

----------------------------

Old 07-17-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
OP, I just remembered something.

My mom (now 89) had a friend from her church who was a pretty active lady right up past 90. She had a mentally disabled daughter, and my mother often visited them and gave the daughter a ride when she had to go to some of her activities.

I'd met "Mrs. A", and she was very sharp and still had a beautiful face and smile at her age. Well, at the age of 92, she went downhill over a period of weeks and died. My mom, of course, attended the arrangements at the funeral parlor, and when she came home she told me she had a conversation with another of Mrs. A's daughters, who said, "You know, my mother has not been the same since Sam died last year." My mother asked who Sam was, and the daughter said it was her mother's "gentleman friend" whom she had been with for the past 20 years, after she was widowed.

My mother had no idea all those years that Mrs. A had a boyfriend in her life. He apparently lived in town but they kept separate homes because Mrs. A's daughter lived with her, and she probably kept it quiet to keep tongues from wagging.

Knowing this lady and how full of life she was even in her latest years, I found it touching that she still had someone that she loved so much through her 70s and 80s that she lost her desire to keep going after he was gone.
Such a beautiful story on so many levels. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:48 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
What most men are looking for outside of killer looks and nice body is a sexy or sweet voice. Some guys go crazy over fat women with sexy voices.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What most men are looking for outside of killer looks and nice body is a sexy or sweet voice. Some guys go crazy over fat women with sexy voices.
Yeah, there is a niche for everyone . Even for us older women.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:32 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
I'm sorry for being slow guys. I quit taking my estrogen 33 days ago cold turkey. I never did feel right. I'm much calmer now, but not really with it. Just speak slowly, and be patient with me, please ....

.....But I don't want to get that close to a giant belly, much less without clothes . Please don't make me, lol. Guys that look like they are 9 months pregnant are a huge turnoff. I'm not perfect either, but golly.

same here. And it is so much easier for guys to stay in shape generally. Here in south texas almost everyone is chubby. They even did a story about it in the NYTimes. Its terrible. People will look okay in high school and then explode by the time they are 30.

We are lucky cuz no one in my family of 13 people is overweight. A few pounds here and there but nothing that is drastic.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:34 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Quote:
Yeah, there is a niche for everyone . Even for us older women.
Yes, I think there is, as long as people realize that they can have happiness as long as they stay in their own lane. Take an honest look in the mirror and ask yourself..."What am I bringing to the table?" One can't expect to find happiness with a filet mignon, if you're a pulled pork slider. 4's usually do not get to date 9's.

We have a friend in his 60's who is a smart, funny gentleman, he's about 5'1". He's been happily keeping company with a lady who has possibly the most unfortunate appearance, through no fault of her own, just genetics and age. She has very fair skin and has had several skin cancers, so she covers up and thus has the most pale and pasty freckled skin, she also has scraggly, very thin white hair, and a nose like the American eagle, and towers over her man by a good 5 inches. They are blissfully happy and enjoying an active social life (and presumably sack-time, although I never asked!). They are a great and fun couple, and I'm sure both have had their share of rejections due to their appearance. Happiness and compatibility are what matters. If you'd rather be alone than date a 4, well I guess you can have that, but don't complain.

Last edited by TheShadow; 07-18-2018 at 06:49 AM..

Old 07-18-2018, 07:07 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't get it? You mean just don't look? Or do you mean sex wise? It's just kind of icky. The guy I was responding to said that women his age don't look very good. And I said neither do most of the guys. But it's all we have to work with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Quote:

Hahaha, yes, matisse12 is getting my dirty-old-lady remarks. Woof woof.

But I do get what you are saying. I am not perfect so I cannot expect perfection either, and of course we each have what we find tolerably attractive or unattractive. When we first began to suspect that our email relationship might turn into something more, my S.O. said something to the effect of "don't imagine I am some kind of hunk", and I responded "that's fine, because I'm no beauty queen." But we find each other attractive enough, and enough is all we need.

Hope the estrogen thing evens itself out mlulu23.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Yes, I think there is, as long as people realize that they can have happiness as long as they stay in their own lane. Take an honest look in the mirror and ask yourself..."What am I bringing to the table?" One can't expect to find happiness with a filet mignon, if you're a pulled pork slider. 4's usually do not get to date 9's.

We have a friend in his 60's who is a smart, funny gentleman, he's about 5'1". He's been happily keeping company with a lady who has possibly the most unfortunate appearance, through no fault of her own, just genetics and age. She has very fair skin and has had several skin cancers, so she covers up and thus has the most pale and pasty freckled skin, she also has scraggly, very thin white hair, and a nose like the American eagle, and towers over her man by a good 5 inches. They are blissfully happy and enjoying an active social life (and presumably sack-time, although I never asked!). They are a great and fun couple, and I'm sure both have had their share of rejections due to their appearance. Happiness and compatibility are what matters. If you'd rather be alone than date a 4, well I guess you can have that, but don't complain.
I simply would not date anyone who is so shallow that they rate people's looks on a numerical scale.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
OK, I lose out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement