Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 01:36 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
No, they're correct and you're wrong.
You are entitled to your opinion. Mine says your is wrong.

Instead of all the weeping and gnashing of teeth going on here, perhaps your efforts could better be directed at teaching young people, and older people too, apparently, that just because a product is advertised as being available for purchase it won't necessarily do what the buyer would like it to do. This should apply to both genders but if you believe that one needs more assistance than the other in determining what is relevant and realistic maybe you should start with the gender you identify as most vulnerable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 06:34 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugiesMom View Post
This thread itself is dumb.
Of course SENIOR men find younger women VISUALLY appealing.
As do, SENIOR women find younger men appealing.
Just a fact of life.
VISUAL is in the eye of the beholder.

Visual appeal does not make for a great mate when you are a SENIOR.
Someone who does not hurt your eyes, but, agrees with you on politics, movies, sports activities, family matters, reading materials, life style and monetary matters is way more important then just visual appeal.

I could find a pool boy visually attractive. But, if he was a raging liberal, who wanted to go to church daily, spent his free time playing video games, laying around on the couch, leaving the house and garden to rot, while our cars went without service and all he thought and talked about was himself...

Well, the sex would die off faster then the blow dryer could style his locks.
(Laughing) ... So what you find attractive is a conservative atheist who has no self-worth or hobbies other than working himself to death on the house, garden, and car? Whew! Shouldn't he do the cooking too? Who has the energy for sex after that mess?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:40 AM

140 posts, read 255,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
None of that matters. There needs t be a spark, a mutual attraction. Beyond that nothing is relevant.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:09 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
(Laughing) ... So what you find attractive is a conservative atheist who has no self-worth or hobbies other than working himself to death on the house, garden, and car? Whew! Shouldn't he do the cooking too? Who has the energy for sex after that mess?

Wow, took that and ran with it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 08-15-2018 at 10:33 AM..

Old 08-15-2018, 10:22 AM

705 posts, read 561,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I want to see how Linda Hamilton is portrayed in Terminator 3.

I think I've posted this before, but after seeing ad after ad on Craig's List for men wanting a real woman (slow night and I'm easily amused), I so wanted to put this ad in:

For those men wanting a REAL woman, here I am! Old, short, fat, large nose, thick glasses, no chin, crooked teeth, hates kids, not employed (or employable), poor, perverted sense of humor, pessimistic, mental issues, not a vegetarian, not into healthy eating, lots of baggage, talks a lot, will argue with a fence post, and more independent than you'd ever want. I hate the outdoors, can't stand long walks on the beach, and the only dogs I like are mine, not yours. Oh, and I'm probably smarter than you, too. Please put "I want you, Real Woman!" in the subject line so I know you're not a bot.

That should bring 'em in! I expect to be fighting off the men shortly.

You made me choke on my coffee!

Old 08-15-2018, 10:26 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
You made me choke on my coffee!
Me, too Rodentraiser! I expect your mailbox to be overflowing as I'm choking on MY coffee.

The one above about the conservative atheist gardener/mechanic-cabana boy is making me wipe my eyes too.

You are both hilarious.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

For those men wanting a REAL woman, here I am! Old, short, fat, large nose, thick glasses, no chin, crooked teeth, hates kids, not employed (or employable), poor, perverted sense of humor, pessimistic, mental issues, not a vegetarian, not into healthy eating, lots of baggage, talks a lot, will argue with a fence post, and more independent than you'd ever want. I hate the outdoors, can't stand long walks on the beach, and the only dogs I like are mine, not yours. Oh, and I'm probably smarter than you, too. Please put "I want you, Real Woman!" in the subject line so I know you're not a bot.

That should bring 'em in! I expect to be fighting off the men shortly.
Ok, so can you cook and clean?

Old 08-15-2018, 12:13 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,470,468 times
I'm not sure if I qualify as a "senior" man myself yet, though I am old enough to be a member of AARP.

At any rate, I respect women of any age that make some effort to keep themselves in shape. A woman does not have to look like Playboy model to be attractive, but neither should she weigh more than I do! There are women who have a few extra pounds that can still be attractive to me; it really depends on their overall appearance and how they carry themselves.

I'm not a hard-core weightlifter, but I do try to hit the gym at least twice a week. My waist hasn't increased more than an inch since I was in high school. I don't have a perfect body, but I'm reasonably fit, and that's what I look for in a woman as well.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:49 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,657,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
The OP specifically asked about what was "visually appealing" - a somewhat leading question.
I guess I should have responded by what women find "visual appealing" about older men....NOTHING.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:34 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,693,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I guess I should have responded by what women find "visual appealing" about older men....NOTHING.
Your bluntness is refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement