Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 08:42 AM

2,759 posts, read 2,049,703 times

Advertisements

While we're talking about appearance, here's a question and I'm curious to see how many truly honest answers we may get.

Would it matter to you men if a woman has had breast cancer and did NOT opt for reconstructive surgery? Some women cannot afford it and others simply do not want it. Would the lack of one or both of those particular body parts be a deal-breaker for you?

A widowed friend of mine who is in her early 60s recently had cancer surgery and went the no-reconstruction route as personal preference. She is getting an unbelieveable amount of flak from friends who claim that "men won't look at a woman who doesn't have..." . So I am wondering how true that really is. My friend also worries about when and how to tell someone she is dating that what looks like natural contours is actually just a bra with "foobs" (fake b00bs) in them: early on? later? not until 'necessary'? She feels it's somehow dishonest to not be upfront (no pun intended) about it, but also worries that telling them in advance will turn most men off.

My take on the situation is that maybe she should just forego the "foobs" entirely and adopt a "What you [don't] see is what you get" philosophy, but I realize that's something not every woman is prepared to do. Male society does seem to put a big premium on those things, certainly for younger women but I wonder if it applies just as much to senior females.... in spite of the fact that that part of our body doesn't always age well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 09:19 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
I know the OP is asking the men posters what they are looking for in women. And the men who are responding appear to be very honest in their answers.

But at my "old" age of 76, divorced 35 years from a man who believed he was entitled to as many women as he wanted to have even while married with a couple of kids, I just cannot get it in my head how "safe" it would be for me to get involved with another man. My ex also took advantage of our young daughter while I was in the hospital for a period of time.

So, yes, I probably do have a distorted mind about men.

I think because of all of the above I would make a horrible "partner" for a man. For the most part I do like men, enjoy their company, but don't believe I could handle a relationship.
I do not want to take out my hurt and anger on an innocent man.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:29 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Every day, in every way, in the last 50 years, men think we women give a eff what they think. Whatever.
I find many women attractive for a variety of reasons. Appearance simply provides that initial spark of interest but becomes less important as you build an emotional bond over time. But I have to say, the first time something like the quote above comes out of a person's mouth, I'm out. I don't care if they're a supermodel. It's not worth it. My happiness and peace are far too important to me.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:32 AM

989 posts, read 769,481 times
As long as she is not like one of those women you see at Trump Rallies, I am OK. They lack at least 3 of my mandatory requirements. Looks like the quote in the post above is from one of those.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:38 AM

1,803 posts, read 1,240,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yes, take emotions and love out of the equation and it really does come down to hormones and wanting to be with young, fit, good looking people. It's really mother nature with the underlying and compulsive need to reproduce from the cave man days though we'll never admit it. Of course, money can be the aphrodisiac that can make anyone attractive, LOL.
Yeah, this is pretty much it.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:01 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Real men like real women.

Books | Dana Loesch Radio

Old 08-11-2018, 10:21 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,651 times
"visually appealing". What you like to look at not what you require.

Its okay. Its the reason your partner who loves you dearly still looks at others.

As long as he/she still turns to me in bed at night and treats me with affection and respect, I'm happy. He can look.

what do I like? Sense of humor (face that falls into smile lines with ease), clean overalls unless he's been working, some whiskers at least some times, warm handshake, looks at me like I am still the prettiest girl in the room

Old 08-11-2018, 11:16 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
Old women are well...old. When they alter their old appearance it makes them look odd at times.
Who wants to hear grandma's stories about her grandkids? Who wants to hear about her aches and pains? Who wants to hear her woes about her ex-husband? Who wants the baggage that comes with being old? I don't want to be a caretaker , nor do I need a caretaker. I'll pass dating old women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Old men are well...old. When they alter their old appearance it makes them look odd at times.
Who wants to hear grandpa's stories about his grandkids? Who wants to hear about his aches and pains? Who wants to hear his woes about his ex-wife? Who wants the baggage that comes with being old? I don't want to be a caretaker , nor do I need a caretaker. I'll pass dating old men.

Everyone gets old. If you're lucky, you will find someone to share the experience.

An older man looks distinguished.

An older woman just looks old.

That's the way it was explained to me a long time ago.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:23 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
Preferably a non Medusa looking type with a body that don't continue moving long after any physical activity.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:27 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
An older man looks distinguished.

An older woman just looks old.

That's the way it was explained to me a long time ago.
I've seen more than a few old men who definitely did not look distinguished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement