Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 01:42 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

Oh god no.... at 71 I still have my partner but if I lost him no way would I go looking for love or whatever else is out there. men like young women, or younger should I say.. I dont think many would be rapping on my door to be my forever friend.. and I wouldnt want it.. the thought of starting all over again is a chore and I dont need it...I have grandkids and a computer...sorted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 03:22 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Oh god no.... at 71 I still have my partner but if I lost him no way would I go looking for love or whatever else is out there. men like young women, or younger should I say.. I dont think many would be rapping on my door to be my forever friend.. and I wouldnt want it.. the thought of starting all over again is a chore and I dont need it...I have grandkids and a computer...sorted.

Had to laugh at this ~~~computer & dogs~~~the dogs are a bit demanding at times but I can put them in a crate and have peace.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:10 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm from New Jersey. We don't eat pizza with utensils. You pick it up, fold it lengthwise with one hand, let some of the grease roll off the point, and stick it in your mouth.
You eat it how you want, and I'll eat it how I want. And as long as you don't expect ME to eat it YOUR way, I don't have a problem.

Judging a guy's attractiveness or appropriateness for an emotional relationship based on how they eat their pizza is just dumb. As long as they aren't licking the whole thing before passing out pieces.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:42 PM

140 posts, read 142,462 times
Kind, funny (my dry sense of humor, not slapstick), tries to stay healthy (as opposed to cut), intelligent, adventuresome, likes to travel at times and must love dogs. Two Papillons and a Golden Retriever.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Thank you, ladies. This has been a revealing, informative thread. It is interesting how many specify that a man be an "animal lover". Many mention this. And, it looks like I need to start shaving every morning, not just every few days because I need to go somewhere 'special'. I 'hate' shaving and now that I'm retired, have been lazy about it. I'll work on that.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 08-15-2018, 08:17 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Thank you, ladies. This has been a revealing, informative thread. It is interesting how many specify that a man be an "animal lover". Many mention this. And, it looks like I need to start shaving every morning, not just every few days because I need to go somewhere 'special'. I 'hate' shaving and now that I'm retired, have been lazy about it. I'll work on that.
some women hate shaving too.

What do men think about hairy legs? Nothing noticeable -

My mom had very little hair on her legs and what she had was blonde. She couldn't understand why we shaved our legs. But as I've gotten older, I've noticed that I'm like her. Very little leg hair. Hardly any at all. So I quit that. I probably never had much and just went along with the crowd about shaving. What an ordeal .

okay probably TMI??

Old 08-15-2018, 08:27 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Most important lesson? There is no "one" thing that everyone likes, and it does everyone a disservice to try and change yourself to what you think other people want.

Be the best "you."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-15-2018, 09:23 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,576,196 times
Quote:

I don't think the women who post on City-Data Retirement forum and who posted in this particular thread are a good or accurate representative sample of older women in the U.S.. (nor in Europe)

Nor are the people who post in other City-Data General forums (not the City-Data geographic forums) a good or accurate representative sample of people in the U.S..

Last edited by matisse12; 08-15-2018 at 09:49 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 11:57 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Had to laugh at this ~~~computer & dogs~~~the dogs are a bit demanding at times but I can put them in a crate and have peace.
hahahahaha.keep them on a lead too.... some men Ive known needed one...

Old 08-20-2018, 07:53 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Speaking for myself only, I do appreciate a clean-shaven face very much.

As for animals, yes, I'd like a man to be a lover of animals; however, if I were single and met a man, I would prefer he not already have a dog to whom he is totally devoted. From my observation, older men (thinking mostly of my former step-dad, but also a few others) tend to shower so much attention on their dog that the relationship with the woman in their life suffers.

I think it would be different if we were in a relationship and we both got a dog together (keeping in mind I have a preference for cats, in general), but if the guy already has a dog and the pooch comes first, I would not find that appealing.

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 08-20-2018 at 08:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement